Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low cost/ex council housing Dublin 6/14

Options
  • 14-11-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!!
    So this may seem a bit of a odd post but almost certainly have a job full time near goatstown area and plan to stay here for a long time as have been looking for this specific job and was lucky to get it.... It is a long commute up and down every day to my home in bray and was planning on moving around the area with my partner ... she has family living in beechill donneybrook and I have friends who live around rosemount and columbanus in dd/windy arbour... I say ex council or low cost housing as it's the only housing I will be able to afford and no point beating around the bush !! If there are any estates that come to mind around the area or any more info on these 3 estates I would b very grateful!! (Sorry if posted to wrong area new to the site)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

skippy333 wrote: »
    Hi!!
    So this may seem a bit of a odd post but almost certainly have a job full time near goatstown area and plan to stay here for a long time as have been looking for this specific job and was lucky to get it.... It is a long commute up and down every day to my home in bray and was planning on moving around the area with my partner ... she has family living in beechill donneybrook and I have friends who live around rosemount and columbanus in dd/windy arbour... I say ex council or low cost housing as it's the only housing I will be able to afford and no point beating around the bush !! If there are any estates that come to mind around the area or any more info on these 3 estates I would b very grateful!! (Sorry if posted to wrong area new to the site)

There's no low cost housing around there anyone, you have the Luas, UCD, Dundrum town centre etc all keep prices high.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

The area formerly known as Holylands in Nutgrove. e.g. Carrick Mount drive, Mountatin View etc.

Looked at a house here a couple of years ago, was asking 280,000 so I passed on it because a near by house had sold for 200,000 a few months earlier, eventually went for 220,000. 'Private' houses near by were going for a lot more.

Ex-corpo with big gardens. Was fairly rough when Jack Charlton was Ireland manager, a famous drug dealer lived there in the 1980s. A friend lived there up til a couple of years ago seems fairly quite now and the rough element is seriously diminished. Nutgrove in general seems to be a bit cheaper than surrounding areas.

If you a willing to go Dublin 16, there seems to be a lot of ex-corpo in Ballinteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

If you a willing to go Dublin 16, there seems to be a lot of ex-corpo in Ballinteer.

There are no council houses in Ballinteer other than Hillview which might be an option, it is a bit closer to nutgrove which the previous poster mentioned. The cheapest house in Ballinteer at the moment is in Broadford (private housing) and that is 375k with a bit of work needed including putting in a whole kitchen.

You could always expand your search to include sandyford which would have a few options, somewhere like Moreen or Kilcross would be close enough to where you want to be and would be cheap enough. Saying that though, the cheapest Moreen houses on Myhome at the moment are 335k! I would say Kilcross would be cheaper (guessing) but there is nothing available at the moment to compare prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Having another look at my home there is a house in holylands going for 280 and its a four bed. it is officially known as mountainview

Advertisement