Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duran Duran Irish Date 2016 ???

Options
  • 14-11-2015 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,414 ✭✭✭✭

will the guys be doing an Irish date in 2016. there doing a tour at the moment but after the cancelled killarney date over the summer they never reschueled the date. Shows in the 3arena and the Marquee would be cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I'd love to make a weekend of it and go see them in Liverpool on the 12th December then Liverpool play West Brom on the 13th (Sunday). Can't see anything for 2016 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

If they don't have a solo show next year, EP slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

I hope they play ireland next year. My 5 year old wants to see them. She loving paper gods. Meanwhile myself and the wife are going to see them in Birmingham this Friday 4th December. It will be my 12th duran concert overall. Born and bred a Birmingham lad I'm looking forward to a homecoming gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Cathy.C

bodhi085 wrote: »
    I hope they play ireland next year. My 5 year old wants to see them. She loving paper gods. Meanwhile myself and the wife are going to see them in Birmingham this Friday 4th December. It will be my 12th duran concert overall. Born and bred a Birmingham lad I'm looking forward to a homecoming gig.

They're playing Oxford and Southampton May 28th and 29th but no Irish dates it would seem which is surprising as I recall it being said that an Irish show was a priority after they had cancelled an appearance last year.
    If they don't have a solo show next year, EP slot?

They're playing in the states Sep 1st and 4th.

I would say there's a chance they will play 3Arena in December like they did back in 2011. From memory that wasn't announced until August or September of that year. Hopefully so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bodhi085

Cathy.C wrote: »
    They're playing Oxford and Southampton May 28th and 29th but no Irish dates it would seem which is surprising as I recall it being said that an Irish show was a priority after they had cancelled an appearance last year.

They're playing in the states Sep 1st and 4th.

I would say there's a chance they will play 3Arena in December like they did back in 2011. From memory that wasn't announced until August or September of that year. Hopefully so anyway.

The concert in Birmingham was amazing. I have to say the lads performed on top form. The support act was seal who I must admit wasn't a big fan of but he was fantastic also. Personally I think the aynin tour was a better concert overall,but I was still happy. The paper gods tour is certainly worth going to. Simons voice is top form and so self titled opening song of the concert bought the hairs up on my neck. Planet earth was my highlight and save a prayer with a couple of thousand phone lights really was another spectacle to see.
    I hope they do play 3 arena as my memory recalls the December show of 2011 was rescheduled after the tour was postponed when Simon damaged his voice. The rescheduled shows were announced in the September for December.
    I'm contemplating the two shows in the uk and take our daughter this time.
    The current run of USA shows of the paper gods tour are selling out crowds with very positive reviews from the media. If you haven't got or heard the new album yet I'd highly recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I went to Glasgow on December 6th to see them as an Irish date wasn't going to happen last year.
    I though Seal was amazing, really got the crowd going as the other support act (The Bloom Twins) were pretty hard going. I've only seen DD a handful of times, but this tour is probably the best one I've been to. From beginning to end I was on my feet and to see some of the album tracks live wss fantastic.
    I must say too the SSE Arena is an amazing venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Duran Duran live at Eden (highlights ) tonight BBC1 23.00-00.00.

Advertisement