Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW! (Signal booster)

Options
  • 14-11-2015 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Boosting/ rebroadcasting the signal is illegal with a licence from comreg.

So you need to go directly to the networks and let them know and they might provide you with a booster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

I know of one guy who paid several hundred for one of those gsm signal boosters and it didn't work for him. I don't have the detail.
    There is (or is talk of) a box that connects to the house wifi and takes over the mobile phone signal when you are in the house, it routes the call via broadband or something. That may be worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

deandean wrote: »
    I know of one guy who paid several hundred for one of those gsm signal boosters and it didn't work for him. I don't have the detail.
    There is (or is talk of) a box that connects to the house wifi and takes over the mobile phone signal when you are in the house, it routes the call via broadband or something. That may be worth checking out.

Vodafone are the only network providing that at the moment AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

65230529.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Patww79 wrote: »
    A SureSignal. I had one on Vodafone UK before when I lived in a complete black spot for signal and it was great. Sounds like they don't have WiFi though.

SureSignal, I couldn't think of the name.

Advertisement