Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling private label products(alibaba) from Ireland.

Options
  • 14-11-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I am currently doing a lot of research into this ecommerce model(private label products) and can understand how it works sometimes in the states with the population they have but I'm not sure how that would transfer over here?
    Do I still need to niche down my product search as much on this side of the pond?
    Am I best off selling to UK and Ireland or including mainland Europe too? What about posting to the States, can't see it being too popular!
    And finally is there enough online business over here to feed enough traffic to my products and grow my business? The last thing I want is no money and a load of leftover stock!
    Thanks for listening, any advice is welcome.
    Shane

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

The States has a population of +/- 320 million. The Republic of Ireland has a population of 5 million. Now, how do YOU think that would translate?

Hint 1 ….5 into 320 = 64

Hint 2....do some research on private lable and wht it actually IS.

Hint 3 ....homework threads frowned upon here.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Walsh247 we don't have any idea what you're importing/selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 walsh247

What I was looking for was a bit of insight into selling private label in Europe, items will more than likely be small in size, sturdy design and nothing that can be easily broken in transit or that would cause major headaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,662 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

walsh247 wrote: »
    What I was looking for was a bit of insight into selling private label in Europe, items will more than likely be small in size, sturdy design and nothing that can be easily broken in transit or that would cause major headaches.

If there is not already a tonne of companies doing the same, some one will copy your business model if you take off/do well.

I was looking at some "PC remotes" on Amazon today, say the same item sold under 4/5 different brands from different sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Every damn B&S facebook group is now stuffed with people selling on goods from Aliexpress.. I've even seen a few claiming to be getting stuff custom manufactured but its just regular tat..
    Buying and reselling stuff from China is dead unless you're buying uber quantities and distributing..

If your not adding some sort of value to the product that you can charge for and that differentiates you from the seeming millions of people already trying this model, then I'd say your wasting your time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement