Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body shop prices

Options
  • 14-11-2015 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭

Went in today to get a tub of coconut body butter. €20.95???? When did it become almost €21 for a tub of body butter? Needless to say I didn't buy it, but I have to say I'm pretty p**d off at the cost.
    Last time I bought it was in the airport in Portugal and I got 2 for €25. I knew it was obviously going to be more expensive to buy instore, but when did it get that expensive? :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Went in today to get a tub of coconut body butter. €20.95???? When did it become almost €21 for a tub of body butter? Needless to say I didn't buy it, but I have to say I'm pretty p**d off at the cost.
    Last time I bought it was in the airport in Portugal and I got 2 for €25. I knew it was obviously going to be more expensive to buy instore, but when did it get that expensive? :mad:

I checked out one of their facial oils recently, I think it was €38 :eek:

I could get a Clarins oil for that like.

They're way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ya they are crazy over priced. I always thought they were meant to be a budget option, clearly not! If I was going to spend that much on a body better Id really splash out and get Laura Mercier or something. Bloggers and YouTubers are really pushing them lately too

This one from Boots is far superior to TBS one, and is half the price:

500.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I checked out one of their facial oils recently, I think it was €38 :eek:

I could get a Clarins oil for that like.

They're way overpriced.

That's the thing. TBS are charging high end prices, but I certainly wouldn't class their products as high end.

For what it's worth, in the end I went to Penneys and bought a bottle of Palmers for €3.50. I like it and it does a pretty good job, but the only thing that puts me is off is it's SOOOO thick, it's hard to get out of the bottle even when it's full. Still for that price can't really complain.

I use facial oil from the "B" range in Superdrug. It's normally around €16, but 9 times out of 10, it's either half price or BOGOF. It's good for the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

The body butter in M&S is amazing at a third of the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I'd never think of the Body Shop for 'high end' items. Anything over about €20 is more high end in my book. I still associate it with White Musk eau de toillette and smelly soaps in animal shapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

lazygal wrote: »
    I'd never think of the Body Shop for 'high end' items. Anything over about €20 is more high end in my book. I still associate it with White Musk eau de toillette and smelly soaps in animal shapes.

Back in the day, half my school smelled of White Musk, the other half smelled of Dewberry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

sudzs wrote: »
    Back in the day, half my school smelled of White Musk, the other half smelled of Dewberry!
    Haha same here :) Then they all went on to Tommy Girl :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭thebiglad

They are forever offering deals on their website up to 50% off (check out Bargain Alerts or monitor the website and stock up when the deals are on) so a bit like Milano's - always a deal to be had which makes the price reasonable but very happy to take any walk up trade happy to pay the full ticket prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Their Irish stores are ripoffs, I get promotional emails from the UK body shop and as well as the base prices being a lot cheaper they have amazing sales and regularly 40% off, so annoying that they're so over priced here.

I got the vitamin e facial oil and a facial cleanser for £20 last year in Belfast and picked up the facial oil in Dundrum for €10 when the shopping centre was having its 10th birthday promotion. You can get bargains but they're not very common here.

Also, I still wear their perfume, I've a Jasmine scent and it's so pretty!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

While on the topic of body butters original source have a lovely one, it's vanilla and sweet almond oil and in an orange tub. It doesn't look up to much by the packaging but the smell is gorgeous. It's fairly thick so if you don't like thick creams it may not be your thing, but it was cheap enough so worth a look

Advertisement