Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gmail Sync frequency query

• 14-11-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I am running the latest gmail email app on two android phones (motorola E & Samsung S4), both running the same imap email. On the MotoE i can set the sync as low as every 5mins in Gmail setting where as on the S4 i can only go as low as 15mins.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,498 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That sync. setting may only apply to calendar and contact syncing, it's possible that your e-mails are automatically pushed out by the server so the sync setting is irrelevant - inbound and outbound e-mails are probably transferred immediately.

For example, I just checked my Gmail settings now (Motorola Moto G, Android 5.1) and the last sync was 35 minutes ago but the instant someone sends me an e-mail, the phone will beep as the server pushes new e-mails to the phone straight away and doesn't wait for the next scheduled sync.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

gMail on 5.1 tends to get emails BEFORE the browser window catches up, really should't be a problem unless the handset is aggressively sleeping the network connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Had to give up using gmail as my imap client on the android phone as it would let me search inbox etc

The other issue that has a risen is what ever imap client I use seems to have multiple extra folders, some duplicates. Is this anything to so with the host of the server

• Advertisement
Advertisement