Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first build, someting basic but upgradable

Options
  • 15-11-2015 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭

I'm new to building PCs so don't judge me too harshly, I need something very basic that I can upgrade later. And recommendations of what to change (better parts or something to bring the price down) would be greatly appreciated.

2a9uxc8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What's your budget and uses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

What's your budget and uses?

Watching YouTube videos and using Microsoft office programs. Little bit of programming. I have a 32 inch tv that's not being used so I'd need a HDMI port on the pc. My budget would be around the 300 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

And what upgrades would you be wanting?

You won't need a GPU, and the RAM, CPU and H81M will be cheaper separately in most cases.

Amazon or computer universe will likely be cheaper than dabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Power supply is overkill, anything over 150w would power that machine! A basic 350w corsair would suffice perfectly and cover any future upgrades.

Switch the G1840 for a Pentium G3220/G3420/similar.

Don't need any graphics card, as integrated will do everything that card can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Power supply is overkill, anything over 150w would power that machine! A basic 350w corsair would suffice perfectly and cover any future upgrades.

Switch the G1840 for a Pentium G3220/G3420/similar.

Don't need any graphics card, as integrated will do everything that card can.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about power supplies. I realy ony added he graphics card because I'll need a HDMI out and there doesn't appear to be one on the motherboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement