Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 rig upgrade

Options
  • 15-11-2015 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I built my pc way back in 2012 and its due a tune up. I have a budget of 500, but can be a bit flexible.
    current specs:
    i5-2500k w/ stock cooler
    Radeon hd 6870
    8 gb ripjaw ram
    ASrock P67 pro 3
    Super flower 450 watt psu
    Asgard Xigmatek pure black edition case

I have two 1080p 21" monitors but only ever use one for gaming. I was thinking of getting an sli or crossfire board and buy a second card down the line to maybe "future proof" it a bit.
    Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 michaelR93

Main purpose of computer is for gaming, would like to play latest releases on ultra or at least high. Don't need windows or any peripherals although having some cash leftover for another hdd would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Nice new cooler for the CPU, overclock it a little and add a GTX970, you'll be at the top of 1080p gaming.

Maybe €50 for a cooler, €350-380 for a 970

I'm guessing I'll need a new psu as well or will 450 suffice?

450 should be fine

Adding an SSD would be a nice call too

• Advertisement

Have a 64 gb one with my windows install on it, space is getting tight though. Might treat myself :)

Is hardwareversand still the place go?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

Nope hardwareversand died, orders weren't fulfilled, people lost money afaik. Mindfactory seems to be the place to go now.

Advertisement