If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonos setup

Options
  • 15-11-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

I have two separated rooms (6 x 3m; 4x 2m) that i'm looking to bring music into and a wireless system seems the best way to go about it. But, i'm struggling on which setup to go for. Room one is a smaller living room and the larger room is the kitchen.

At the moment, there are two options in my mind. Option 1 is to stick a sonos playbar and sonos play 1 in the living room to give both HiFi and home cinema sound, with a second play 1 in the kitchen. Option 2 is to go with Sonos Connect Amp and a set of speakers in the living room (possibly Dali Ikon or B&W 685 S2), with a sonos play 1 in the kitchen.

What setup would you recommend to give the better sound? Living room will mostly be used for Spotify music, but it could be handy to also use them with TV for home cinema starter. Also, what would the comparison be like price wise? I have recommended two speakers based on reviews I have read on line, but alternative suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

I have two separated rooms (6 x 3m; 4x 2m) that i'm looking to bring music into and a wireless system seems the best way to go about it. But, i'm struggling on which setup to go for. Room one is a smaller living room and the larger room is the kitchen.

At the moment, there are two options in my mind. Option 1 is to stick a sonos playbar and sonos play 1 in the living room to give both HiFi and home cinema sound, with a second play 1 in the kitchen. Option 2 is to go with Sonos Connect Amp and a set of speakers in the living room (possibly Dali Ikon or B&W 685 S2), with a sonos play 1 in the kitchen.

What setup would you recommend to give the better sound? Living room will mostly be used for Spotify music, but it could be handy to also use them with TV for home cinema starter. Also, what would the comparison be like price wise? I have recommended two speakers based on reviews I have read on line, but alternative suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks
    Hi Mirrormatrix, thanks for the post

To be honest, if you were going to put a soundbar in the living room, then this would be more than sufficient for the music in that room also, there wouldn't be a need to add the Play 1 also. 

Pricing for this option would be
    Soundbar                    £599/€799
    Sub                            £553/€799
    Play 1 for the Kitchen £163/€229

So with soundbar/sub and extra play1, total £1315/€1827

For the other option of a connect amp/speakers and a play 1

Connect amp           £397/€579
    Speakers                  £189/€258 (Q Acoustics 3020i as a suggestion - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201179-3020-graphite.aspx
    Sonos Play 1           £163/€229

TOTAL £749/€1066

If priority is music, then the second option would probably be your best bet.

If you did want to go down the route of a soundbar, have you looked at the Denon Heos system? Its a very similar system, we reckon a better sound quality, and the soundbar comesas a package with the subwoofer included - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201491-homecinema.aspx at a total of £599/€799 making that option a total of £798/€998 including the Heos 1 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201431-1-black.aspx

Have a look at these and let me know if you have any other questions/queries

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.