Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who Recieved An Iphone 6s With A Samsung Chip And Who Got A TSMC Chip?

• 15-11-2015 2:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭

Out of curiosity, who's 6s has a samsung chip in it and who got the tsmc chip?
    Where did you get the phone from with said chip in it. And anyone noticing much of a difference in theirs?

And no need to come in with "the chip thing is bs" or any other comments. I've been reading the sites over the last few weeks so know the story.

Just a simple comment of samsung or tsmc will do and where it was purchased.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Samsung from eir billpay instore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

TSMC Vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

You're obsessing over this. Calm down.

Mine's a TSMC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

A TSMC from the Apple Store.
    Zcott wrote: »
    You're obsessing over this. Calm down.

Mine's a TSMC.

It could be worse. There's people on the Macrumors forum on their 8th or 9th iPhone 6s. Funnily enough many of them have decided the different chips isn't such a big deal after all, having long moved on to obsessing over manufacturing defects. Yellow screens, pressure points, dead pixels, etc, etc.

Speaking of defects, my mute button is loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It could be worse. There's people on the Macrumors forum on their 8th or 9th iPhone 6s. Funnily enough many of them have decided the different chips isn't such a big deal after all, having long moved on to obsessing over manufacturing defects. Yellow screens, pressure points, dead pixels, etc, etc.

Yep, there's always some sort of -gate, usually to be found during completely unnatural use.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Had a TSMC 6s which I returned and now have Samsung 6s Plus, both from apple.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

If your spending almost a grand on a PHONE you expect it to be flawless and work and look perfectly.
    I received iPad's and Iphone 6's a few months ago with loose buttons and surface marks and scratches on the screens straight out of the box.

My iPhone 30 days old sent today to repairs for dead microphone. TSMC like it matters :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

stoksyXL wrote: »
    If your spending almost a grand on a PHONE you expect it to be flawless and work and look perfectly.

Why would it not work flawlessly regardless of the chip inside?? How do you know it is not working perfectly? Mine has a Samsung chip and I have absolutely no issue with my phone.

You are way over-analysing the issue I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

If you wait for the 7 then you will be guaranteed a TSMC chip.
    Looks like they will be using TSMCs InFO (fan out WLCSP) package for the bumping on the A10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

stoksyXL wrote: »
    I received iPad's and Iphone 6's a few months ago with loose buttons and surface marks and scratches on the screens straight out of the box.

Whilst I agree about defects I think you are missing one point here.

The officially figures for performance and battery life and everything else listed by Apple in the tech specs and keynote, are of minimum expectations.

So even if the TMSC chip offers better battery life, you are still freely buying an iPhone that will give the advertised battery life that was mentioned when buying.

Again, I see your point wanting the best, but in my humble opinion its like getting a ferrari that will have 500BHP advertised, But someone figures our that some models have 520BHP depending on the factory. Advertised is 500BHP and that was happy for your choice.

Hope that makes sense!

Advertisement