Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 | €250, a lot included but BEWARE, it's a false economy

Options
  • 15-11-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Normally the phone costs €169.99, but this is a part of Vodafone's gift deals. For €250, you get a pair of decent headphones (retails for about €40), a 64GB SDXC (practically the best SD card you can get out there, retails for about €35 in stores) and a choice of 3 months Spotify Premium (€9.99 monthly) or 3 months Sky Sports Mobile. It's really a deal you can't miss and the phone itself is quite extraordinary also. With a 5.5 inch, 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density) IPS touchscreen, it's definitely not a waste of money. Coming with a Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615 chipset (very decent), Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex-A53 and Adreno 305 CPU it'd be a mistake to ignore looking at this phone for Christmas. I don't know about you, but the camera on phones is a major factor for me and this phone does not disappoint. With a 13MP camera, it's sure that the photos taken will be great and the front facing 'selfie camera' is 5MP so you're guaranteed to get great selfies and great quality for Skype calls. This phone includes FM radio, so once you have your earphones / headphones plugged in, you'll be able to listen to all your favourite stations. The battery is Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which is plentiful and you are guaranteed a day without having to charge again depending on usage. View it here: shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go-gift-set-3-anthracite but although this seems like a great offer, it is unfortunately a false economy which basically means that although it looks like a great deal, you're losing money. Nice try Vodafone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Link ???

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

thats some great shilling there man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What page of the Vodafone website did you find that crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭shaunn

Review of the phone here: youtube.com/watch?v=G6kSYWyEGoA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Price is probably going to drop soon as it has in the UK. Can be got for £100 now on amazon.

• Advertisement

22 € for the card from amazon which makes it 189 . so €61 for the headset and the Spotify and sky"freebies"

Not a bargain with the unknown make of headphones allegedly selling at 40. So 21 for Spotify and sky!

22 € for the card from amazon which makes it 189 . so €61 for the headset and the Spotify and sky"freebies"

Not a bargain with the unknown make of headphones allegedly selling at 40. So 21 for Spotify and sky!

The headphones are Sennheiser HD219 Headphones, which are selling for £39.49 on Amazon so even more in euro. €55.86 at today's rate not including shipping. amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-219-Headphones-Black/dp/B005N8W16U

Sorry, but still not seeing the deal.

I suppose it's one of those false economies. Looked good, but when you do the math it's actually costing you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Can it? I need a new phone. What should I search for?
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Price is probably going to drop soon as it has in the UK. Can be got for £100 now on amazon.

• Advertisement

Depends on your needs so factors such as camera MP, screen size and resolution, how much GB of RAM there is, and of course the pricetag and how much you're willing to spend.

Have a look here. gsmarena.com/

Thanks. I am old though so I need someone to tell me which one is the Vodafone equivalent :)
    shaunn wrote: »
    Depends on your needs so factors such as camera MP, screen size and resolution, how much GB of RAM there is, and of course the pricetag and how much you're willing to spend.

Have a look here. gsmarena.com/

percy212 wrote: »
    Thanks. I am old though so I need someone to tell me which one is the Vodafone equivalent :)

No bother :) have a look at this comparison between Vodafone's latest bestsellers. gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7313&idPhone2=7230&idPhone3=7608

percy212 wrote: »

Only thing is that it's currently unavailable, but I'd say it'd be back in soon. Better than getting robbed blind by Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,249 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'll start a thread over on their forum to ask where the saving of 95 EUR is coming from - if I don't get a satisfactory response I'll go to the Advertising Standards Authority

Have a look here, the phone itself would cost you €100, and what's also included is a 16GB SDXC card, a Samsung Level Box mini Bluetooth speaker and a 3 month Spotify Premium subscription or Sky Sports Mobile TV. Seems too good to be true, let alone the phone not being of the best specs either with the screen resolution only being 480 x 800 pixels (~207 ppi pixel density). http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-core-prime-pay-as-you-go-gift-set-1-black?icmp=Christmas-gifts-Bundle-makethemdance-black Now that's the black version of the phone, and the white version comes with the headphones instead of a bluetooth speaker. http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/samsung-galaxy-core-prime-pay-as-you-go-gift-set-2-silver?icmp=Christmas-gifts-Bundle-makethemcheer-silver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Are you just on a crusade to undermine vodafone offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I don't see how it's undermining their offers if they are not indeed 'offers' and misleading.

Also it seems that Vodafone have increased the price of the headphones by €40 from yesterday to make their saving of €95 correct.

Advertisement