Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a partial build in mind, need advice

Options
  • 15-11-2015 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So I'm planning my first build atm, and I wanted some advice on motherboard/power supply/case etc.
    The core of the build will be an i5-4690k and an MSI 970, which brings the total to ~600. Hoping to fill in the gaps as cheaply as possible without skimping on quality. Don't particularly care about case size or looks as long as it all fits comfortably.
    Parts sourced from amazon uk for simplicity and free shipping, buying from a single place is more convenient .
    Keeping the total under 1k hopefully because I'm planning on getting a 144hz monitor too.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£169.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card (£259.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £429.93

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

500w PSU with a Z97 board is what you want.

BitFenix make nice cases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stephen_Keane

Filled out the build with some stuff, critiques/improvements welcome.
    uk pcpartpicker com/p/wHbyhM (cant post url since im a "new" user)

Also building from scratch with no existing parts, so will i need stuff like wifi/sound cards, thermal paste or are those integrated into the mobo/come with the cpu.
    Also a case fan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Looks good to me.

You'll need a WiFi card or homeplugs yeah. Cable wise, all is included.

Sound card is in the motherboard, thermal paste is on the cooler, afaik its included with most third party ones

Advertisement