Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stressed Westie

• 15-11-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

Lads for the last 6 months or more our westie keeps us awake every time there is a bad storm.
    He never did this before. He is 8.
    He roams around all night. Scratching at my door, my bed.
    Then when i do let him in he just stands on the floor looking out at the hall given low growls
    He shakes uncontrolably. he seems to be terrified.

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Dogs can be odd, they can be fine with outside noise/fireworks/bad weather for years but it just takes one experience where they get spooked and it'll stick with them. My fellas get upset when the letterbox rattles because of the wind, as if there seems to be a person there, but they can't see/sense anyone.

Is he crate trained? Might be worth setting him up a little safe place to go when he feels scared, a crate can be a great thing, lots of blankets/bedding inside and cover the top with a blanket as well.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭smilerf

no he is trained but we never used a crate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I have a westie myself round the same age and he gets fads like that too. I've taken to distraction technique of squeaking one of his toys to bring him out of the situation. Couple of squeaks and a request to leave it and he calms down.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

I have a good few Westie Owner friends which have made great experience with these thundershirts
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/thundershirt

Advertisement