Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DT508 - Game Design Question

Options
  • 15-11-2015 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi,

I will be filling out my CAO soon so I am currently being bombarded with a massive amount of options to choose from and would like to know a bit more about this course, preferably from someone who's taking it.

I'm reading through the course details and I am a bit confused. Does it focus on the theory of Games or is it more practical? Do you actually make games or just learn about what makes them good, what tools are used etc.

I am interested in developing games as a career and was planning on doing Computer Applications in DCU which covers a whole range of computer related tasks, my interest being programming. However if DT508 is actually practically making the games, it may be my top choice.

TL:DR Is DT508 learning about games or learning how TO make games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kaylalala

I can't include the link but search dt508 and go into the first link. On the right hand side at there are 4 blue buttons. The last button that says "see modules". If you click in to that you can see the exact classes to be taken each semester, and if you click in to them, you can read more about each specific class with syllabus and other details.

Also, it is making and designing the games. I know a mature student in first year; he thinks its amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Vilas

I did go into what you said earlier on, but it only has the title of each class; doesn't explain what they actually are once I click into it. It hasn't been filled out by anyone.

Advertisement