Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No road tax or tolls on electric cars *- FF plan

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I've never been overtaken by a leaf!

I've never been overtaken by a Lamborghini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

KCross wrote: »
    The over-read isnt linear.
    I've read that it is a constant 10% over, but that's not something I've tested or anything. I'd normally be at an indicated 120 - 140 on a 120 limit road, but take it to the top on occasion.
    josip wrote: »
    Is that why Leaf's go slowly (c. 100kph) on the motorway even after they've zipped off from the lights?
    They think they're doing 110-120?
    Possibly, and I cringe when read of some Leaf drivers saying they drive at 80 on the motorway - 80 is bad enough, but they're actually only doing about 72. Stop embarrassing the rest of us!
    Check out the N25 / N40 any morning to see me whizzing past plenty of traffic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭josip

There are vids on youtube that shows the Leaf overtaking so it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bipedalhumanoid

I've certainly appreciated the climate control timer over the last couple of days and that appreciation will only improve as the winter sets in.

Nothing beats waking up in the morning to a warm, defrosted car and pulling out of your driveway just as the neighbours are out scraping the ice of theirs. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭josip

I've certainly appreciated the climate control timer over the last couple of days and that appreciation will only improve as the winter sets in.

Nothing beats waking up in the morning to a warm, defrosted car and pulling out of your driveway just as the neighbours are out scraping the ice of theirs. :-)

Nothing beats waking up in the morning to a warm, hot wife and having the day off :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

KCross wrote: »
    Every car speedo over reads, just that the Leaf over-reads by more than most.

Yeah, I've been noticing this when I come across those speed warning signs (the ones that show your kph). Normally, there would be a variance but I'm finding a massive variance between the figure on the Leaf and that shown on the sign....

Here are some results for a few cars at 50/80/100/120. Tesla was the only car whose speedo was totally correct, but yeah LEAF is one of the least accurate ones. The worst in that test of about 100 cars was the Opel listed below.

Nissan LEAF: 47/74/93/112
    Nissan Pulsar: 47/75/94/113
    Tesla Model S: 50/80/100/120
    Opel Zafira Tourer 45/73/92/111
    Mercedes-Benz C200 47/77/97/117
    Ford Mustang Ecoboost: 46/75/95/115
    Ford Focus 1.6 Ecoboost: 47/77/95/115
    Dacia Duster: 48/77/97/117

A couple of intesting ones for Ireland:

VW Passat: 48/77/96/113
    Skoda Octavia: 47/76/95/115
    Audi A4: 49/78/98/117

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Any GPS will allow you to measure speedo error. GPS speed is derived from Doppler shift and extremely accurate

Most speedos overread to ensure they start on the correct side of the law, The law specifies that speedos cannot underread, and since errors are nominally +- a percentage , the error has to be moved to be all positive

• Advertisement
Advertisement