If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best quality picture TV up to 1.2m wide

Options
  • 15-11-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im looking for a TV as described above. It doesn't matter the diagonal size but the ones I've been seeing are around the 49" but I'm partial to a bit bigger if the width from end to end is under 1.2m

I was intended on smart but I have an android box, chromecast and sky at the moment. Plus next year I intend getting freesat and saorview. What I'm saying is I prefer picture and screen quality over features but if they happen to have both then all the better.

I would like it to be 4k with the best refresh and screen quality I can get (I dont really understand the different manufacturer specs but I'm sure you can sort the BS for me :) ). I don't require/need 3d but again if comes with the TV well and good.

Also I will need a swivel type bracket. A bracket that comes out and turns left and right and slightly up and down for good viewing angles.

Herself would like a curved screen but I dont mind if it doesn't compromise on screen quality and meets the price!

Bringing me along to price. my budget for the combined TV and bracket is €1200 or up to €1100 for the TV and I'll be able to get the bracket I want for about €130 locally.

I live in the munster area so would have to be able to be shipped or if it's an exceptional TV for the price I can get my brother to pick it up coming from Dublin

Thanks in advance

Numorouno

PS you are victims of your own quality because my current 32" Lcd Panasonic I got from ye 10 years ago and its still perfect but id like a change

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

numorouno wrote: »
    Hi

Im looking for a TV as described above.  It doesn't matter the diagonal size but the ones I've been seeing are around the 49" but I'm partial to a bit bigger if the width from end to end is under 1.2m

I was intended on smart but I have an android box, chromecast and sky at the moment.  Plus next year I intend getting freesat and saorview. What I'm saying is I prefer picture and screen quality over features but if they happen to have both then all the better.

I would like it to be 4k with the best refresh and screen quality I can get (I dont really understand the different manufacturer specs but I'm sure you can sort the BS for me :) ). I don't require/need 3d but again if comes with the TV well and good.

Also I will need a swivel type bracket. A bracket that comes out and turns left and right and slightly up and down for good viewing angles.

Herself would like a curved screen but I dont mind if it doesn't compromise on screen quality and meets the price!

Bringing me along to price.  my budget for the combined TV and bracket is €1200 or up to €1100 for the TV and I'll be able to get the bracket I want for about €130 locally.

I live in the munster area so would have to be able to be shipped or if it's an exceptional TV for the price I can get my brother to pick it up coming from Dublin

Thanks in advance

Numorouno

PS you are victims of your own quality because my current 32" Lcd Panasonic I got from ye 10 years ago and its still perfect but id like a change
    Hi Numerouno, thanks for your post, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you

To keep within budget for you, the best model I could recommend is the Samsung UE48ju6500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201283-samsung-ue48ju6500.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at €1049 - This one is a 48" 4K smart Curved TV, and has a very high 1100PQI for motion processing, making it one of the highest currently available - pricing on this model includes shipping and a 6 year guarantee!!

For a bracket to suit, you'd be looking at the Sanus VLF311 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200138-vlf311.aspx at €189 - a full swivel cantilever bracket with tilt option too. If you were interested I can do those together for you at your €1200 budget

Have a look and let me know if you have any other questions

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Hi Numerouno, thanks for your post, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you

To keep within budget for you, the best model I could recommend is the Samsung UE48ju6500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201283-samsung-ue48ju6500.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab at €1049 - This one is a 48" 4K smart Curved TV, and has a very high 1100PQI for motion processing, making it one of the highest currently available - pricing on this model includes shipping and a 6 year guarantee!!

For a bracket to suit, you'd be looking at the Sanus VLF311 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200138-vlf311.aspx at €189 - a full swivel cantilever bracket with tilt option too. If you were interested I can do those together for you at your €1200 budget

Regards
    Brian

No problem Brian

Have you a few more options on a non curved with similar or better quality

Id be ordering and paying by credit card in the next day or 2 so what is the time frame for delivery

Numorouno

numorouno wrote: »

Regards
    Brian

No problem Brian

Have you a few more options on a non curved with similar or better quality

Id be ordering and paying by credit card in the next day or 2 so what is the time frame for delivery

Numorouno
    To be honest, this is the only one really that seems to tick all boxes for you. There are a couple of other models -Sony 49x8005 and Panasonic TX50cx680, bith at €999, but the Samsung really is the better specced screen, particularly on refresh rates

Comparison - http://euro.richersounds.ie/prodcompare.aspx?pid1=201309&pid2=201623&pid3=201283

With regards to delivery, they are available from our UK warehouse, generally on a 3-5 day service. If ordered today or tomorrow for example I would expect it to ship on Thursday, and be out to you on Monday

If you would like to order, either give me a call on 0044333 900 0070 opt2 or PM me your contact number and I can give you a call

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Ordered today

Thanks Brian

Can't wait for it

no proba, all processed and on order for you. Enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.