Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it really Unlocked?

Options
  • 15-11-2015 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am getting a deal online from someone who is selling S6 edge, he says it was on Three Network pay as you go but is now unlocked to all networks.

How can I check on this please? Whether it will remain unlocked after few months/years? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi,

I am getting a deal online from someone who is selling S6 edge, he says it was on Three Network pay as you go but is now unlocked to all networks.

How can I check on this please? Whether it will remain unlocked after few months/years? :confused:

Only way to check is to put a different network sim in it and check that it works. If its unlocked it can't relock. Only thing you need to be wary of is if the seller has bought it on billpay, has he played all payments on it or will we continue to pay the rest of his contract if its not fully played off yet. If he doesn't then 3 will block it and you'll be left with a paperweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Thanks FrostyJim.

Its working on my sim card at the moment. I heard it could be locked even after few weeks. Is that true?

Seller mentioned it was a gift to him and it was on PAYG. However, no papers available as he got in Gift.

Thanks FrostyJim.

Its working on my sim card at the moment. I heard it could be locked even after few weeks. Is that true?

Seller mentioned it was a gift to him and it was on PAYG. However, no papers available as he got in Gift.

Does the seller have much feedback? What you heard is it could be network blocked like what I said above.

yes seller has more than 100 positive feedback.

Note: I ended up paying little more to get factory unlocked phone.

I appreciate your help. Cheers :)

So finally i got the phone today.

But I would like to know one thing.

The seller says it was factory unlocked, but when you turn on the phone it says "3". I asked seller and he is saying it was factory unlocked but from 3 network, is it true?

According to my knowledge, it should not show any networks sign if its factory unlocked. Am I right?

• Advertisement

So finally i got the phone today.

But I would like to know one thing.

The seller says it was factory unlocked, but when you turn on the phone it says "3". I asked seller and he is saying it was factory unlocked but from 3 network, is it true?

According to my knowledge, it should not show any networks sign if its factory unlocked. Am I right?

Three may have unlocked it on day 1 but its not factory unlocked if it has 3 branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

If it accepts a non 3 sim its unlocked. When it's turned on and shows 3 this is probably a branding start up screen which can be removed or changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

If a phone is unlocked from the original network it is on, it will keep the branding of that network unless you flash it with a different version of software.

So it can be unlocked while keeping the 3 Logo.

Please can you help me how do i remove 3 logo on start up? I bought it to give it as a gift and this logo is annoying.

Yes its working on other network sim cards fine.
    If it accepts a non 3 sim its unlocked. When it's turned on and shows 3 this is probably a branding start up screen which can be removed or changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

I'm not too familiar with Samsung phones but would imagine you need to go into display > wallpaper or theme

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

Please can you help me how do i remove 3 logo on start up? I bought it to give it as a gift and this logo is annoying.

Yes its working on other network sim cards fine.

To remove the 3 Logo on startup, you would need to flash the phone with a different software using a tool called odin. Plenty of tutorials online how to do it, it will more than likely void any warranty that is with the phone.

Ah I see. If it's going to void the warranty then I would leave it this way. I checked warranty status online using EMEI number and it's good till July 217.

Advertisement