Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dimmable modular LED switch.

Options
  • 15-11-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a light fitting with 6 candle shape bulbs that I want to change to LED dimmable .

The lights that needs a dimmer can be turned on/off from two different switch locations.

The location where I want to put the dimmer switch has a 6 gang switch there currently but I could reduce that to 4 gang plus dimmer if I had to by linking too extior lights on to the one switch to make room for an led dimmer .

Mk grid system switches seem to be suitable for my needs but I don't know what wattage switch to go for since I've been told led watt bulbs and conventional bulbs aren't calculated the same way when it comes to selecting a dimmer switch.

Would the switching on/off from two different locations complicate things?

Can anyone point me in the right direction , went in to elec trade supply shop and the guy looked at me like I'd asked him explain quantum physics theory.

Please help me.

And they can't buzz or hmm when dimmed that would drive me spare.

Comments

Have a look at Varilight trailing edge dimmers. You can switch them two ways but with only one dimmer. ie. dimmer in one position and switch in the other. Min. load 10W iirc.

You can get the modules in some wholesalers or just demount them from the faceplate. Might be easier fit a new back box than integrate it into a 6 gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Have a look at Varilight trailing edge dimmers. You can switch them two ways but with only one dimmer. ie. dimmer in one position and switch in the other. Min. load 10W iirc.

You can get the modules in some wholesalers or just demount them from the faceplate. Might be easier fit a new back box than integrate it into a 6 gang.

Thank you Sir Liamalot. I'll look into that.

Advertisement