Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where will bleach my hair blonde in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-11-2015 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking for a professional hair salon that will bleach my hair blonde in one go in Dublin with little damage. I'm currently a copper brown colour and my hair is collarbone length. I'm looking to go a pale blonde, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

I have never gone blonde (I currently am) with a salon. I have always done it myself due to bad experiences in salons just getting low lights done!
    Depending on if your is currently or has been coloured before, They might have to do a stand test, which is cutting off a small piece of hair to see what strength of peroxide it will need, how long it takes to develop, and if your hair is strong enough for the bleach.
    They probably are going to do bleach bath if your hair is currently in bad condition, which is bleach and shampoo mixed to have little damage. But this can take a few months and a few trips.

But bleach is going to damage your hair either way. It dries the hair and strips it's natural colour.

Disclaimer- I am not a hair dresser, this is from prior experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Trying to go blonde in one go without much damage would be a tough task - I think most hairdressers would be hesitant to try and get anyone very blonde in one sitting, it would usually take two or three goes from my experience.

Maybe have a look at some local places that are using Olaplex, I've heard it's great for minimising the damage done during the bleaching process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Aeternum wrote: »
    Trying to go blonde in one go without much damage would be a tough task - I think most hairdressers would be hesitant to try and get anyone very blonde in one sitting, it would usually take two or three goes from my experience.

Maybe have a look at some local places that are using Olaplex, I've heard it's great for minimising the damage done during the bleaching process.

I go to Zeba on South William St for colour and highlights. The have started using Olaplex and I think it has made an improvement to my hair

Advertisement