Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H61M-DG3/USB3 - reset when i try to load drivers

Options
  • 15-11-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Have replaced a failed motherboard with a ASRock H61M-DG3/USB3 and attempting to perform a new installation of Windows 7 64-bit.

However, at the point during the installation where i need to load drivers (to recognise SATA drive while can't be seen - USB mouse not working either), I swap out the Windows DVD for the ASRock DVD (IIH61D-11), either one of the following happens:

* when I click the DVD drive eject button, the system resets
    * the system resets after I insert the DVD
    * the system gets as far as allowing me to select the driver from a list, then resets

Any ideas? Will try downloading drivers from site and put on USB in meantime...

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

oceanclub wrote: »
    Have replaced a failed motherboard with a ASRock H61M-DG3/USB3 and attempting to perform a new installation of Windows 7 64-bit.

However, at the point during the installation where i need to load drivers (to recognise SATA drive while can't be seen - USB mouse not working either), I swap out the Windows DVD for the ASRock DVD (IIH61D-11), either one of the following happens:

* when I click the DVD drive eject button, the system resets
    * the system resets after I insert the DVD
    * the system gets as far as allowing me to select the driver from a list, then resets

Any ideas? Will try downloading drivers from site and put on USB in meantime...

P.
    I have a similar h61m as rock board. Never had to load drivers during installation. Are you getting into bios menus OK? Tried a Linux distro? Anything USB/sata plugged in that aren't required?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Lu Tze wrote: »
    I have a similar h61m as rock board. Never had to load drivers during installation. Are you getting into bios menus OK? Tried a Linux distro? Anything USB/sata plugged in that aren't required?

Thanks - looks like it might be issue with the drive; wasn't recognised in BIOS, but two others were.

P.

Advertisement