Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A special gift for a tradesman....

• 15-11-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm hoping I could get some great suggestions here for Christmas gift for my father. He is a carpenter/cabinet maker by trade and tbh I'm sick of getting him the same type of gifts every year I.e sweaters, shirts etc. I was hoping to maybe get something related to his trade. He has virtually every power tool under the sun (although if someone here knows of something new and handy please advise) and has plenty of work gear. I am well aware that what I'm asking for is very specific but if anyone has any suggestions please do reply. Budget would be between 100 - 150 euro. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

mmm men can be so bothersome to buy for sometimes.. Do ye have any kids in the house, if so maybe you could get him like a kinda joint gift with one of the kids like lets say a rocking horse that he has to make, or ride on something like that..

Could get a build item that he must make himself, how about one of those seats for outside, that you have a seat at either side and a table in the middle I know there is a certain name for these...

This place might have something for you http://www.uncommongoods.com/fun/by-interest/home-improvement-gifts

What else is he into barr Carpentry? Comedy, wine, beer.... The beer making kits are great if he would be into something like this, could get you a name of one himself has tried if you wanted a guaranteed good choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. He is a bit of a workaholic if I'm honest. Is always making new furniture and gardening etc. I will definitely look up that website you mentioned though for some ideas. Thanks once again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

a one for few other bits and pieces too is IWOOT.. I want one of those.

Advertisement