Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Motors.

Options
  • 16-11-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭

Colm_mcm has banned me for, and I quote

'This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members. '

I struggle to see how I have been posting in a provocative manner, if anything it has been other posters. Clearly far too many posters have a chip on their shoulder against me.

Can a mod look into this please, he already has said take it up with the dispute section in his pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi Hachiko,

I am surprised that you "struggle to see" where this permanent ban has come from. You have received 7 yellow cards, 1 red card & 8 bans to date in the Motoring & Transport forums.

You have repeatedly ignored the moderators' instructions & have continued to post in a manner which is disruptive. You've been asked on numerous occasions to address this & revise your posting style. Your recent appeals in DRF against mod actions taken by the Motoring & Transport mods have also been upheld by the CMods. It has reached a stage now that the mods have had enough & are no longer prepared to put up with your disruptiveness.

The fact that you have been unwilling or unable to post in a less confrontational/disruptive manner leads me to believe that the mods were justified in finally applying a permanent ban.

I have no choice but to uphold the ban. You may appeal to the Admin if you wish.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Sorry, I was given no moderator instruction or warning, I am still awaiting on what provocative words I actually used recently that warranted this ban in the first place? To me it looks like a bunch of overzealous sore losers are wanting me banned.

So, can an admin look at this.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The Hill Billy clearly outlined above what it was that you were banned for and tbh it's hard to disagree with anything he's said. Your record in Motors clearly shows that you've been a timesink for the mods there for some time, and despite repeated mod actions you simply are unable, or unwilling to change your posting style. As a result I see no reason to overturn the ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement