Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hobbies, activities, social clubs, what to join?

Options
  • 16-11-2015 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello, I'm a 26 year old social, outgoing, smart, educated, funny, interesting woman who has recently moved to galway.. I love people, volunteering, meditation and doing nice things while keeping fit and mentally active!

I want to start joining clubs and volunteering etc to meet people and make new friends! I do have an impairment - no damn use in my right arm from the wrist down but this doesn't affect me as a person in my daily life.. But still I am eager to join sporting clubs to meet people with like minded interests! As this is a great way to connect with people.... I take a interest in Drama too, I am a good little actress

Has anybody any ideas of what I should join club wise...and also other suggestions would be very welcome

Thank you, N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

The Scouts are always in need of adult volunteers! ;) No experience necessary!

Also, I think you may have posted to the wrong board....

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Cutie2012

Treadhead wrote: »
    The Scouts are always in need of adult volunteers! ;) No experience necessary!

Also, I think you may have posted to the wrong board....
    Which board so??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Hello, I have moved this to the Galway forum for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can have a look at meetup.com
    I was in a walking club there for a while. A great way to meet new people.

Coming up to Christmas I'm sure there are volunteer activities happening. Keep an eye on this forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

There's a 5km Parkrun in Knocknacarra every Saturday morning. It's free and run by volunteers (fellow runners), they ask runners to do their bit and volunteer to marshal every few weeks.

http://www.parkrun.ie/knocknacarra/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Padster90s

Have you thought about joining the Red Cross or similar? It's social and learning great skills. You'd have a meeting an evening a week and go to fun events at the weekend for medical cover. You could get in to some brilliant events for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

We can't choose your hobbies for you!

Make a list of specific things you like doing, or would like to try. Not just "volunteering" or "sports" but specifics.

Choose one or two things from it, that you think you have time for this year. Google galway and WHATEVER-FROM-THE-LIST.

Come back to us if you have specific questions eg "is there a boxing club in Westside that meets in the evenings"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Welcome to Galway OP. You are very lucky in that there is a wealth of sports, artistic and other clubs in Galway- you are sure to find something to suit you. If you have an interest in martial arts or singing let mr know as I can point you in the right direction with those clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

There's a dodgeball club that meets every week in renmore community centre at 6pm on Tuesday.

There's also a board games club that meets every Monday in Seven on Bridge Street from 7 onwards.

Both are very welcoming to new people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Galway Language Exchange https://www.facebook.com/GalwayLingo/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Cutie2012

Can you play dodgeball with one hand? I don't wanna look like an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

We can't choose your hobbies for you!

Make a list of specific things you like doing, or would like to try. Not just "volunteering" or "sports" but specifics.

Choose one or two things from it, that you think you have time for this year. Google galway and WHATEVER-FROM-THE-LIST.

Come back to us if you have specific questions eg "is there a boxing club in Westside that meets in the evenings"

OP I wouldn't be too worried about making friends in Galway, we're friendly people around these parts.

Well most people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Cutie2012 wrote: »
    Can you play dodgeball with one hand? I don't wanna look like an idiot

Most people would throw one handed.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Try tag/touch rugby

Advertisement