Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gps tracker

• 16-11-2015 5:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

I need to buy one asap. NEEDS to be unobtrusive, silent, and preferably record audio.
    I would prefer not to go eBay or Amazon if possible but buy in a shop, will order online if needs be. can anyone recommend ? Thanks in advance !

Edit.... I can't wire it into the car .......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

dragona wrote: »
    I need to buy one asap. NEEDS to be unobtrusive, silent, and preferably record audio.
    I would prefer not to go eBay or Amazon if possible but buy in a shop, will order online if needs be. can anyone recommend ? Thanks in advance !

Edit.... I can't wire it into the car .......

This one here I have it myself. No audio,can't see why you need it.

http://www.trackimo.com/index.php/en/trk100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I sort of do need the audio......but whatever! obviously it is not to keep tabs on my dog so... :) quite pricey, was hoping not to spend that much! Is the battery life good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,482 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I think you have unrealistic objectives here. You're going to have a major problem buying a GPS trackers which is (1) battery powered (2) records audio and (3) is unobtrusive. The problem with being unobtrusive is the fact that being GPS it needs an antenna which can pick up signals from overhead and having the ability to record audio means it needs a microphone inside the cabin.

The whole point about GPS trackers is that they are hidden and can't be easily disabled which typically means that they are wired into the car with a concealed antenna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Yes I suppose...audio not essential but needs to be smallish

Advertisement