Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming pc and monitor - how much?

Options
  • 16-11-2015 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, a friend is looking to get a pc and monitor for her sons Xmas present. Any recommendations either online or in a b&m local store? Budget circa €1000

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Anyone advise ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Prebuilt or self build?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

You are looking at the same price as a length of string to be honest.

I suggest purchasing online to get the best value.

To get more specifics, post a thread in this forum here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Registered Users Posts: 10,011 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Prebuilt or self build?

Off the shelf ready made solution. Circa €1000. Possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah, I'll have a look later when on my PC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Something like this and then just pick a 1080P 22-24" monitor and you'd be sorted. Good value when you factor in the fact that it's a full legit copy of Windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

for 1k, you could easily get a boards member to build you one. 50 quid in their pocket, and your not paying store prices.
    Buying online would be preferred as you save a nice bit allowing you to get a solid powerful gaming pc.

Advertisement