Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewed Contract - Broadband speed now a tenth of what it should be

Options
  • 16-11-2015 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My mother rang Eir last week to see if there was any better offer to sign up to since the broadband speed is so sh*t in the area.

We are paying for 8mb how ever generally got 3/4mb which we are not happy about.

On saturday I went home and found there was a new router/modem that arrive in the house after this new contract, tried to set it up and no way would it connect to the internet, so I reverted to our own router.

I did a speed test and I was recieving 0.8mb standing a foot from the router.

This is a farce! We cannot even have two people on the internet at the same time!

This needs to be sorted asap!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Hi there,

My mother rang Eir last week to see if there was any better offer to sign up to since the broadband speed is so sh*t in the area.

We are paying for 8mb how ever generally got 3/4mb which we are not happy about.

On saturday I went home and found there was a new router/modem that arrive in the house after this new contract, tried to set it up and no way would it connect to the internet, so I reverted to our own router.

I did a speed test and I was recieving 0.8mb standing a foot from the router.

This is a farce! We cannot even have two people on the internet at the same time!

This needs to be sorted asap!
    Hi Newtown90

Please follow this link for assistance in setting up your new modem: http://support.eir.ie/bb/howto - please click on "setting up your new modem" Our technical support team will also be able to guide you through setting up the new modem and help you with the speed issues, you can reach them on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭Newtown90

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Newtown90

Please follow this link for assistance in setting up your new modem: http://support.eir.ie/bb/howto - please click on "setting up your new modem" Our technical support team will also be able to guide you through setting up the new modem and help you with the speed issues, you can reach them on free phone 1901.

Thanks
    Al

Not the response I wanted.

I'm well capable of setting it up it just does not work!

Amazingly the tp-link router which I replaced the original eircom router works fine.

I want to know why the broadband speed keeps dropping so low to unusable!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Newtown90 wrote: »
    eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Newtown90

Thanks
    Al

Not the response I wanted.

I'm well capable of setting it up it just does not work!

Amazingly the tp-link router which I replaced the original eircom router works fine.

I want to know why the broadband speed keeps dropping so low to unusable!!!!!
    Hi Newtown90

Th technical support team are the dedicated channel to contact in the event of slow speeds and modem issues. I understand you are demanding answers however this is something that requires the attention, access and experience of the technical support team. If you do not want to call you will still be able to reach them via WebChat at www.eir.ie/chatnow.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement