Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indesit washer dryer

Options
  • 16-11-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Washer dryer almost 8 years old. Working perfectly until Saturday when I went to use it. Switched it on to start a wash and all the lights on the control panel are flashing/flickering. Any ideas what's going on and if it's worth € repairing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

orionm_73 wrote: »
    Washer dryer almost 8 years old. Working perfectly until Saturday when I went to use it. Switched it on to start a wash and all the lights on the control panel are flashing/flickering. Any ideas what's going on and if it's worth € repairing?

I haven't actually watched these videos and know very little about washing machines but they may help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lnfePzPwTQ

http://www.how-to-repair.com/help/washing-machine-with-all-the-lights-flashing-hotpoint-ariston-indesit-creda/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Do they only start to flash when you start the wash or do they flicker as soon as the machine is plugged in before starting a wash? Is the door locked when this happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭orionm_73

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Do they only start to flash when you start the wash or do they flicker as soon as the machine is plugged in before starting a wash? Is the door locked when this happens?

Starts as soon as the machine is plugged in. Door doesn't lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Starts as soon as the machine is plugged in. Door doesn't lock.

Sounds like one of the small brown capacitors has failed on the control board. Usually the 680 uf sometimes it's a 475uf. You'll see the top of it slightly domed. The top should be flat. That's usually the cause but because it's not in front of me can't say for 100%.

Advertisement