Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming - Front Crawl – Left Arms Tired!

Options
  • 16-11-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I have recently learned how to swim but still can be quite nervous. I was doing really well with the front crawl as I struggled for a long time with the breathing but finally mastered it…

Now I seem to have a problem with my left arm - I'm finding it hard to keep going after a ¾ a length. I struggle to keep the arms going - my left arm in particular gets really tired. It just won’t move and so I have to stop!

Has anyone experienced this ?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Am no expert, but I like to do mainly front crawl but always do a few back stroke and breast stroke as well just to get the full rotation of the arm. Are you kicking strong enough ? with any sport, it takes time to build up a level of flexibility and fitness. I remember I could just do a width of front crawl before nearly dying, it will improve over time. The pull bouy, is the little device you put between your legs and you use your arms to move through the water. I found this very helpful, when trying to improve my upper body and arms in the water

Advertisement