Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Refund - Paris

Options
  • 16-11-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭

Anyone else trying to get a refund from Ryanair for their upcoming paris flights, i'm due to fly on friday and am fighting to try and get either the flight refunded or the ability to change to another destination for free.

Anyone had recent dealing with Ryanair on something like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

rogercross wrote: »
    Anyone else trying to get a refund from Ryanair for their upcoming paris flights, i'm due to fly on friday and am fighting to try and get either the flight refunded or the ability to change to another destination for free.

Anyone had recent dealing with Ryanair on something like this?

Have Ryanair cancelled the flights or have you decided not to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

Have Ryanair cancelled the flights or have you decided not to go?

Decided not to go, no way can I go there now after whats happened, wouldn't exactly be a romantic getaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

That's entirety at Ryanair discretion

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And rather unlikely I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

You'd be still bound by the Ryanair terms & conditions, which I believe are paltry when it comes to refunds.

I believe they refund your tax, minus a €20 admin fee or something, which usually makes it not worth doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You wont get a refund as your ticket is non-refundable in the event that you change your mind. They are obliged to refund your tax after then have taken that administration fee which is for each leg of the journey.

Menas wrote: »
    You wont get a refund as your ticket is non-refundable in the event that you change your mind. They are obliged to refund your tax after then have taken that administration fee which is for each leg of the journey.

Its kind of a unique situation though, the place was subjected to multiple terror attacks on Friday, no one is going to want to fly there for a holiday.

I wouldn't feel safe there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Most likely safer to be in Paris now than in a few weeks time....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Its kind of a unique situation though, the place was subjected to multiple terror attacks on Friday, no one is going to want to fly there for a holiday.

As far as I know - might have heard the guy on the radio wrong - you had up to and including yesterday to get a refund/change on Paris flights.

I'd go there tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

Well then you pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dare I say that it's probably one of the safest place in the world right now, I'd imagine.

Looking at this purely with my CI hat on, it's a change of mind, you're not going to get much joy out of it unless their new nice-guy image goes into overdrive.

res ipsa wrote: »
    Well then you pay.

How is that helpful?

How is that helpful?

It's explaining your options, go.ot not go, but only Ryanair can offer a refund at their discretion - a week later- I wouldn't offer one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Dovies wrote: »
    As far as I know - might have heard the guy on the radio wrong - you had up to and including yesterday to get a refund/change on Paris flights.
    it was for flights on Saturday and Sunday only aparantly
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/paris-bound-flights-see-seat-cancellations-of-up-to-50-1.2430651

Ryanair would have to be very careful though,

whats to stop everyone who's booked a flight to Paris (from every destination that flies to Paris) in the next 6 months deciding they don't want to go, and want a refund? where would it end. Ryanair are still a business, with strict T's & C's

Ryanair would have to be very careful though,

whats to stop everyone who's booked a flight to Paris (from every destination that flies to Paris) in the next 6 months deciding they don't want to go, and want a refund? where would it end. Ryanair are still a business, with strict T's & C's

To be fair the flight is in a couple of days time not months away, and the city is in lockdown with curfews, 3 days of planned mourning and authorities hunting down accomplices to the terrorists. Some might feel happy going over to that but i'd say good luck to ya

Yea, I don't really see why Ryanair would have to refund your ticket, when realistically it's your decision to not go; flights aren't grounded, airports aren't closed, so there's not really any reason why they should feel entitled. Also, as others have said, Paris is going to be among the safest places in the world for the next while. (Well, hopefully)

To be fair the flight is in a couple of days time not months away, and the city is in lockdown with curfews, 3 days of planned mourning and authorities hunting down accomplices to the terrorists. Some might feel happy going over to that but i'd say good luck to ya

Thats not Ryanair's fault though.

If I were you, I would go. you'll be showing the terrorists that they cannot win.
    don't go, and they have won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I;m flying there in two weeks for a weekend. Have never let issues like that effect my travel plans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

theteal wrote: »
    Dare I say that it's probably one of the safest place in the world right now, I'd imagine.
    Lets think about this. Possibly several suspects are on the run. A getaway car was found in Montrueil. It's unclear how many used it to escape.
    There's a ban on big gatherings for a reason. Plus Parisians aren't back in the cafes.
    The possibility of follow up attacks is there, e.g. The week after 7/7 saw similar attacks.

Not sure if anybody would want to visit a city in mourning luke that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Most likely safer to be in Paris now than in a few weeks time....

Safer yes, but the city will be under lock down for a few weeks with restricted access to areas that are potential targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

It's a case of go or don't go - entirely your decision

But it's certainly not up to Ryanair to give you a refund or change your flight.

Safer yes, but the city will be under lock down for a few weeks with restricted access to areas that are potential targets.

Thats what I think too, its very irish to say sure it'll be grand, go over anyway that'll show them terrorists, but do I want to travel to such a place after whats happened as a romantic holiday with my GF, no not a chance, what kind of holiday would that be.

Thats what I think too, its very irish to say sure it'll be grand, go over anyway that'll show them terrorists, but do I want to travel to such a place after whats happened as a romantic holiday with my GF, no not a chance, what kind of holiday would that be.

That's not Ryanair problem though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Your flight is to Beauvais, 100km from the 11ème arrondissement in Paris where the weekend's events took place, so hardly Ryanair's fault that you want to not go to somewhere they weren't taking you in the first place.

There's nothing to stop you changing where in France you spend your time. Go to Amiens instead - it has all the ingredients needed for a romantic weekend.

The point people are making is that it is entirely the person's decision to not go to Paris, but Ryanair or any airline shouldn't feel like they have to refund their ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

You know you do not need to stay in paris city centre.
    Is your flight landing in cdg airport? If yes you can stay outside paris.
    If you have not booked accommodation or cancelled it if you did.

If i were you take the flights and stay outside of city.

Chessy 2nd last stop before euro disney.
    Huge retail centre & outlet centr on the square with bars cafe restaurants.
    . You can search boards for more chessy info or google.

You know you do not need to stay in paris city centre.
    Is your flight landing in cdg airport? If yes you can stay outside paris.
    If you have not booked accommodation or cancelled it if you did.

If i were you take the flights and stay outside of city.

Chessy 2nd last stop before euro disney.
    Huge retail centre & outlet centr on the square with bars cafe restaurants.
    . You can search boards for more chessy info or google.

No one will be there, tourists are cancelling left right and center and no french person is going to be in the mood to go to a "bar, cafe or restaurant"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

My flight to bali was cancelled on friday due 2 volcanic ash. At least u.got a choice
    2 fly or not 2 fly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement