Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Refund - Paris

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rogercross

res ipsa wrote: »
    My flight to bali was cancelled on friday due 2 volcanic ash. At least u.got a choice
    2 fly or not 2 fly.

A cancellation of my flight would have made things much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

rogercross wrote: »

Depends. Even when u have travel insurance its such a ballache to get money back.Theres not just flights but accommodation transfers etc.It makes a week off work supposedly on holiday into a week scavenging off travel insurance for a holiday u never had.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,573 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

No one will be there, tourists are cancelling left right and center

source? or just your opinion?

source? or just your opinion?

My opinion based on constant media coverage on tv and in newsprint, not to mention twitter users saying they are either trying to fly out of paris or have cancelled their trips entirely, but how about you go yourself and you can let us know how mighty the craic is.

My opinion based on constant media coverage on tv and in newsprint

Ah, I see.

As a regular business traveller to Europe, I would have no problem getting on a plane today for Paris (I'm actually off to London on Wednesday, not that thats really relevant).

In my days as a field engineer, I've been to Iraq, Algeria, Pakistan to name just a few, and the craic was always 90.

• Advertisement

Youre unlikely to get a refund if the flights are allowed go ahead. Maybe you and the missus could get some bennys to reduce your fear. Source Me.

bottom line is;

Ryanair will not give you a refund. Go to Paris. be that couple who defiantly go back into the cafe's and carry on like nothing has happened.

do that and the terrorists have failed.

My opinion based on constant media coverage on tv and in newsprint, not to mention twitter users saying they are either trying to fly out of paris or have cancelled their trips entirely, but how about you go yourself and you can let us know how mighty the craic is.

Yes, but are people getting their flights refunded? I'd be very surprised if any airline is.

This is what the thread is about, after all.

Ah, I see.

As a regular business traveller to Europe, I would have no problem getting on a plane today for Paris (I'm actually off to London on Wednesday, not that thats really relevant).

In my days as a field engineer, I've been to Iraq, Algeria, Pakistan to name just a few, and the craic was always 90.

Well good for you. Back to topic, myself and a large quantity of people obviously feel the same as me as Ryanair is totally backlogged now with requests, while i see it as being a very low chance of going through i have a request submitted with them anyway so ill see what comes of that.

i have a request submitted with them anyway so ill see what comes of that.

I hope you are successful. It's times like this a company (Ryanair) can win so much admiration from a gesture like this.

But do go to Paris for your romantic weekend.. eventually. Paris needs you, Paris needs life to return to normal as soon as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Anyone else trying to get a refund from Ryanair for their upcoming paris flights, i'm due to fly on friday and am fighting to try and get either the flight refunded or the ability to change to another destination for free.

Anyone had recent dealing with Ryanair on something like this?

dont think you are entitled to a refund at all, they may grant one but are not obligued to at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Its kind of a unique situation though, the place was subjected to multiple terror attacks on Friday, no one is going to want to fly there for a holiday.

I wouldn't feel safe there.

I'd gladly go there for a holiday, much safer there now than ever before!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Anyone else trying to get a refund from Ryanair for their upcoming paris flights, i'm due to fly on friday and am fighting to try and get either the flight refunded or the ability to change to another destination for free.

I just sent them a tweet for you there. Once they reply I'll let you know what they say :)

Hope it works in your favour,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Interesting article for you to read -
    http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/paris-is-it-safe-to-travel-34204076.html

I’m nervous about travel. Can I get a refund?

Usually not.

If you cancel your holiday without the DFA (dfa.ie/travel) declaring travel to be unsafe, it could be deemed "disinclination to travel". As such, you may have to pay a cancellation fee or forfeit some or all of the cost.

Aer Lingus (aerlingus.com) is an exception in this instance, however. It is offering customers booked to fly between Dublin or Cork and Paris from November 16 to 22 the opportunity to change their booking free of charge or apply for a full refund.

Ryanair (ryanair.com) customers that booked to travel to/from Paris Bouvais on November 14 or 15 can change their travel dates and transfer free onto another flight on the same route within the next two months (excluding Dec. 17 to Jan. 5).

Air France (airfrance.ie) offered customers with tickets for travel between November 13-15 the option of postponing flights until November 22 free of charge, or exchanging the flight for a non-refundable voucher lasting one year.

Paulw wrote: »
    Interesting article for you to read -
    http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/paris-is-it-safe-to-travel-34204076.html

I’m nervous about travel. Can I get a refund?

Usually not.

If you cancel your holiday without the DFA (dfa.ie/travel) declaring travel to be unsafe, it could be deemed "disinclination to travel". As such, you may have to pay a cancellation fee or forfeit some or all of the cost.

Aer Lingus (aerlingus.com) is an exception in this instance, however. It is offering customers booked to fly between Dublin or Cork and Paris from November 16 to 22 the opportunity to change their booking free of charge or apply for a full refund.

Ryanair (ryanair.com) customers that booked to travel to/from Paris Bouvais on November 14 or 15 can change their travel dates and transfer free onto another flight on the same route within the next two months (excluding Dec. 17 to Jan. 5).

Air France (airfrance.ie) offered customers with tickets for travel between November 13-15 the option of postponing flights until November 22 free of charge, or exchanging the flight for a non-refundable voucher lasting one year.

Aer lingus pretty generous there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Not for the many many people who still need/want to get to Paris in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I'm due to fly out on the 23rd to Disneyland. No intention of cancelling and still planning on a day trip to Paris. It would annoy to have to change plans based on some shower of lunatics, who in some small way would achieve what they set out to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

This is one of the pitfalls of low cost travel, the option to cancel/alter flights has either been removed or comes at an extra cost which very few people are willing to pay for.

OP unfortunately for yourself the option you have is go or not go, but Ryanair are unlikely to allow you to change your booking.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

OP just go! Not sure if you've flown to Paris before with Ryanair but the airport is literally nowhere near Paris. Just go somewhere close to Beauvais, someone earlier in the thread made a suggestion of a romantic location close by. The Paris attacks were awful, that's true but you need to keep it in perspective. Even if you were in that concert hall, the worse place hit, your chance of survival was 92%. And that's *during* the worst attack on French soil since WW2. You're statistically more likely to die in a crash on the way to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I just sent them a tweet for you there. Once they reply I'll let you know what they say :)

Hope it works in your favour,
    kerry4sam

The reply I received was to send the request to here. With Thanks,

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Dont mean to politicise the thread but.......just go to Paris, show the French that you stand with them,they are not alone, show the terrorists that they cannot and will not win and have a good time!

I know this is not the reason you were going in the first place but its a good reason to go now and use your flights!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i doubt they would refund just because you decided you wouldn't be comfortable going after what's happened.
    paris is probably at it's safest for the coming weeks anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

No one will be there, tourists are cancelling left right and center and no french person is going to be in the mood to go to a "bar, cafe or restaurant"

Reports are that many French are going back out already, presumably to try regain a sense of normally, so I wouldn't agree with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 option

Paris is a safe city, that is the point.
    Terrorists could be everywhere

i don't envy you OP. A difficult decision, it is easy for people to say 'go' but I have to say if I was in your shoes it would be harder to actually do it.

You got the 'right' answer up the thread. Fly to Beauvais and don't go to Paris. Dare I say it Amiens or Rouen are a better bet for a weekend away anyway. The only possible downside is no easy transport unless you rent a car. is that an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Beauvais - Amiens by SNCF bus. 1 hour, 12.50€-ish pp each way.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

res ipsa wrote: »
    My flight to bali was cancelled on friday due 2 volcanic ash. At least u.got a choice
    2 fly or not 2 fly.

That is the question!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

You're not even flying to Paris. Just go and enjoy it.

Flights refunded!!

Gonna plan a trip somewhere completely different.

Thanks all for your comments.

MOD this thread can be closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement