Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regarding inactivating the existing connection

Options
  • 16-11-2015 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

I have moved to the house I'm currently staying about 3 months back. But in order to avail broadband/telephone service on your network-line at this address, I was told that the previous tenant of this address has an active connection in the said network-line. Now, I need to inactivate the connection that is active for my address. I contacted the ComReg where I was told to contact you and lodge an official complaint with you before any action be taken by them.

Kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

mac.in wrote: »
    Hi there.

I have moved to the house I'm currently staying about 3 months back. But in order to avail broadband/telephone service on your network-line at this address, I was told that the previous tenant of this address has an active connection in the said network-line. Now, I need to inactivate the connection that is active for my address. I contacted the ComReg where I was told to contact you and lodge an official complaint with you before any action be taken by them.

Thanks.
    Hi mac.in

Only the account holder or the owner of the premises can request full closure of the account. This is for security and in line with data protection regulations. If you would like to PM me the address I will check to see if the connection is deffinitely still active but in regards to Closure, this must be requested by the account holder or owner of the premises where the connection is active.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi there.

Thanks.
    Hi mac.in

Only the account holder or the owner of the premises can request full closure of the account. This is for security and in line with data protection regulations. If you would like to PM me the address I will check to see if the connection is deffinitely still active but in regards to Closure, this must be requested by the account holder or owner of the premises where the connection is active.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the response.

I have PM the address. Regarding the closure, what should the owner do? The owner is abroad and is currently managed by the owner's daughter for rent and maintenance.

Regards.

Hi there.

Thanks.
    Hi mac.in

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the response.

I have PM the address. Regarding the closure, what should the owner do? The owner is abroad and is currently managed by the owner's daughter for rent and maintenance.

Regards.

Hi there.

Thanks.
    Hi mac.in

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the response.

Regards.
    Hello mac.in

I am sorry to say that the service at that address is not with eir - it must be with another provider, are you aware of this?

As it is with another provider eir cannot assist but normally a tenancy agreement must be provided by the owner to the company that supplies the service

Al

Hi Alan

When I asked sky I was told that the connection is active for the premises. When I contacted your reps on webchat, I was again told the same. I was also told that basically, it's eir network that is providing the grid (line). So I'm contacting you.

May I know whom should I contact to solve this problem as everyone is passing the buck. And, I would again like to point out here that it's your company which is maintaining the network grid.

Don't you think this such an inconvenience to the actual customer who deserves the service? I feel it's such a flaw in the service.

Also, I can prove that I'm the occupant of the premises. I have the electricity bill, tenancy agreement, PRTB letter in my name for the premises. Also, why can't the person who is holding the connection be asked to verify his occupancy?

Thanks,
    Mac.

• Advertisement

Hi Alan

When I asked sky I was told that the connection is active for the premises. When I contacted your reps on webchat, I was again told the same. I was also told that basically, it's eir network that is providing the grid (line). So I'm contacting you.

May I know whom should I contact to solve this problem as everyone is passing the buck. And, I would again like to point out here that it's your company which is maintaining the network grid.

Don't you think this such an inconvenience to the actual customer who deserves the service? I feel it's such a flaw in the service.

Also, I can prove that I'm the occupant of the premises. I have the electricity bill, tenancy agreement, PRTB letter in my name for the premises. Also, why can't the person who is holding the connection be asked to verify his occupancy?

Thanks,
    Mac.
    Hi mac.in

Yes the line is on the eir network but the active account is with another provider and it's their responsibility to close this down - eir cannot access or even try to close another providers account down. I

can assure you that there is no buck being passed here, ultimately there are very strict industry and trading regulations in place that restrict eir even accessing another providers account or customer details.

You will need to seek clarification from the operator in question.

Al

Hi Alan

Yes! the rules are tight and strict.

But I feel it's not logical. One can take a broadband connection at one place and can use it at another place. I mean modem can be used at any place whereas the address for the connection is linked to one place irrespective of the place where the modem (connection) is used.

Whereas for electricity or gas, it is not so as their connection remains static and fixed to one place.

I personally feel either eir should solve this or stop hiring their grid to other companies like sky etc.

I don't know if I can find the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks.

Hi Alan

But I feel it's not logical. One can take a broadband connection at one place and can use it at another place. I mean modem can be used at any place whereas the address for the connection is linked to one place irrespective of the place where the modem (connection) is used.

Whereas for electricity or gas, it is not so as their connection remains static and fixed to one place.

I personally feel either eir should solve this or stop hiring their grid to other companies like sky etc.

Thanks.
    I'm sorry mac.in - If I could halp I certainly would but I can't. There is nothing to gain from not helping you to be honest, my best advice is to get your landlord or his employee to contact sky and request closure of the account. Genuinely sorry I can't assist further.

Al

Hi Alan

Thanks.
    I'm sorry mac.in - If I could halp I certainly would but I can't. There is nothing to gain from not helping you to be honest, my best advice is to get your landlord or his employee to contact sky and request closure of the account. Genuinely sorry I can't assist further.

Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the advice. :)

But the problem here is everyone says the account is active but no one knows where the account is - neither with sky nor with eir. I hope you understand the problem now; I mean I am not able to locate the account. But I am told the account is active for the connection.

Thanks.

Hi Alan

Thanks.

Al
    Hi Alan

Thanks for the advice. :)

But the problem here is everyone says the account is active but no one knows where the account is - neither with sky nor with eir. I hope you understand the problem now; I mean I am not able to locate the account. But I am told the account is active for the connection.

Thanks.
    Hi mac.in

I can only confirm that it's definitely not with eir.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

This is what I mentioned as 'passing the buck'

Anyway thanks.

Regards.

This is what I mentioned as 'passing the buck'

Anyway thanks.

Regards.
    I'm genuinely sorry mac.in

Al

Hi Alan

Just to update you.

I have forwarded the issue to ComReg giving all the details of the conversation we have had here. I have mailed a transcript of the conversations we have had here too. I have also highlighted the responsibilities of the companies to resolve the issue in my mail to them.

Hope something happens. :)

Thanks.

Regards,
    Mac.

Hi mac.in

That's no problem at all. I'm sorry I could not help you Mac.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement