Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High Speed 100mb Broadband, Then "Oh no we can only offer 15mb"

Options
  • 16-11-2015 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi Eir

Let me first start off by saying how disappointed i am with your company.

I was not happy with my current broadband supplier (only getting 15mb) so contacted Eir, Niall in sales was only to happy to tell me Eir Efibre 100mb was available in my area and said i would get approx 60/70mb to my home as the Cabinet was only down the road and active.

I was delighted to hear this and cancelled with my current provider straight away to get Eir installed.

I had to sign up for phone first to get my line was installed which was done last Monday and my line became active over the weekend.

I contacted Eir this morning only to be told that the line reading was only giving 15mb max speed!!

So after all the effort i was ending up with the same product i had and paying extra €45.00 per month (my previous provider was €39.00)

The Eircom line checker also states that my house is eir fibre enabled, so whats the problem?

Below is a print screen i took off the fibre network website showing the road i live and also where the cabinet is.

I contacted my previous provider to see if they could get me reconnected as I've had enough of eir only to be told that there would be a re-connection fee of €45.00 euro!

So eir have messed me about and now i have to pay an re-connection fee to go back to my previous supplier.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭MHI

Copy of Chat Transcript i had emailed to myself

"Niall: Great news we offer out fibre broadband here to this address, did you view the packages we have to offer?
    Me: is this the 100mb?
    Niall: Yes it is upto 100Mb speed, i will speed test your line now for you.
    Me: i don't think eircom have a line run to my house yet, my nearest cabinet is CRW1-074
    Niall: Can you bare with me one moment?
    Me: im with (previous Provider) at the moment and an eircom support told me before it was a (another providers) line and eircom will have to install a line
    Me: no probs
    Niall: Great there is 60Mb speed fibre broadband available here now to your address, ok in order to get service you would have to order any phone only package now from us on our site and we would include a full line install free, then once the line is setup for you we can move you into a broadband only or phone and broadband bundle, and if you wish to place an order now i can help you do so.
    Me: so i get 60mb to my home or 60mb from the cabinet to my home?
    Niall: Your home will get 60Mb speed broadband on our service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Although you were promised a certain speed, their small print will read " ..... up to 100mb", which covers their ass when you get 15mb

NIMAN wrote: »
    Although you were promised a certain speed, their small print will read " ..... up to 100mb", which covers their ass when you get 15mb
    i can accept the up to 100mb part, but to tell me that id get 60/70mb so i'd cancel with my previous provider and order for them only to get the same service for more money is fraud in my book.

to be honest i don't think they have high speed fibre cables run along my road just standard 25mb fiber, if i understand it correct.

view the map i have attached to the original post and you can see the blue lines along other roads but not mine, and the cabinet is just at the end of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

I'm sorry to hear of this MHI

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan 

I'll pop you over an pm now, thanks.

• Advertisement

MHI wrote: »

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan 

I'll pop you over an pm now, thanks.
    Cheers MHI

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

That is not what is quoted here

That is a definite promised 60Mb to the home specified, on the eir 'up to 100Mb' service.

Looks to me that someone is in trouble  ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

That is not what is quoted here

That is a definite promised 60Mb to the home specified, on the eir 'up to 100Mb' service.

Looks to me that someone is in trouble  ....
    I dont think anyone will be in trouble.  Eir have been telling these lies for years to thousands of customers.  Standard practice in a cowboy industry. 

I had a contract with Eir, Vodafone, Pure and Imagine selling mobile/landline/internet packages along with my main line of work, which is selling commercial energy.  I stopped doing all telecommunication sales because I was ruining my reputation because I was making promises to customers based on the information I was provided with, only for the telecommunication suppliers to let the customer down.  It was not worth the commission to lose the repeat business i was generating doing energy sales.  Never mind unreliable mobile signals despite promised results, or slower broadband speeds than they already had, but try explaining why that company was without internet access for several days while they switched suppliers.  Suddenly the proposed savings cost them a fortune while they lost business.

Thanks for taking my call MHI

If any other issues arise please let me know

Thanks
    Al

OK im just back to update my thread, i received a call from Alan last Thursday, he was very polite and answered any questions i had, he admitted i was given the incorrect information on what speed i could receive.

I am currently getting approx 14/15mb on my line.

He also agreed to have €90.00 credited to my account which was nice.

Thanks for the personal Call Alan.

• Advertisement

OK im just back to update my thread, i received a call from Alan last Thursday, he was very polite and answered any questions i had, he admitted i was given the incorrect information on what speed i could receive.

I am currently getting approx 14/15mb on my line.

He also agreed to have €90.00 credited to my account which was nice.

Thanks for the personal Call Alan.
    That's no problem at all MHI

It was nice to speak to you to be honest. Let me know if you need help with anything in future :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Oh dear god! I was promised between 75meg to 90meg at my new "slightly" rural rented address, what am I actually going to get :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Oh dear god! I was promised between 75meg to 90meg at my new "slightly" rural rented address, what am I actually going to get :(
    If that was put in writing then present it to eir and see what they say!   ;)

Hi Icyseanfitz

While all speeds are advertised, sold and provided (and equally covered in terms and conditions) as 'up to' a given speed I can assure that the above topic is not so common with efibre speeds. If you would like to PM me your order number I can clarify what speeds to expect :)

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Hi Icyseanfitz

While all speeds are advertised, sold and provided (and equally covered in terms and conditions) as 'up to' a given speed I can assure that the above topic is not so common with efibre speeds. If you would like to PM me your order number I can clarify what speeds to expect :)

Al

Did you get my PM's Alan?

I did indeed Icyseanfitz

I'm currently looking in to this and I'll be back to you soon

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

I'm in the exact same boat, and despite being able to see a green cabinet from my living room window- I'm connected directly to the exchange, my options are 7mb ADSL or 9.5mb fibre, despite living slap bang in the middle of Dublin, then I read about these country folk getting super fast broadband, my question is what are eir doing for urban customers stuck with single digit broadband speeds. 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

ahbell wrote: »
    I'm in the exact same boat, and despite being able to see a green cabinet from my living room window- I'm connected directly to the exchange, my options are 7mb ADSL or 9.5mb fibre, despite living slap bang in the middle of Dublin, then I read about these country folk getting super fast broadband, my question is what are eir doing for urban customers stuck with single digit broadband speeds. 
    Try 4G.  Enough has been invested in Dublin.  Dublin doesn't deserve anymore investment until every single shed in the fields has at least 30Mb. 

ahbell wrote: »
    Hi ahbell

The Urban roll-out of efibre has been ongoing for quite a while and will continue to do so. I understand your disappointment in terms of your lines currently cabling to an exchange further away than some cabinets.

Ultimately the network cabling is quite intricate and it can often occur than a cabinet close by may not be the one serving your line - this is ultimately due to cabling paths and cannot be changed. eFibre is not a guaranteed service but I do understand your feelings. If you would like to PM me your land line number I will be happy to look in to possible plans for the future and get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al

Hello back again, seems all is not right in the eir world as my wife just brought it to my attention that we never received our €90.00 credit as promised by Alan on the personal phone call we had, as you can see i confirms it above, but just off the online chat we Natasha and she said that no note of it is on the account.

I see Alan has not been online since the end of Feb so not sure if he is with Eir any longer but can another rep please look into this for me, thanks  :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hello back again, seems all is not right in the eir world as my wife just brought it to my attention that we never received our €90.00 credit as promised by Alan on the personal phone call we had, as you can see i confirms it above, but just off the online chat we Natasha and she said that no note of it is on the account.

I see Alan has not been online since the end of Feb so not sure if he is with Eir any longer but can another rep please look into this for me, thanks  :)
    Hi  MHI,

I'm sorry to hear that you never received your credit. 
    Al is no longer with us I'm afraid , please feel free to PM me and I'll look into this. :) 

Pamela

Hi  MHI,

Al is no longer with us I'm afraid , please feel free to PM me and I'll look into this. :) 

Pamela
    Hi Pamela

Thank you for the reply, as you can see from the previous posts Alan was to credit my account by €90.00 as a good will gesture as i didn't get the speed i was promised when signing up.

I'll pop you over a pm now, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi  MHI,

Pamela
    Hi Pamela

Thank you for the reply, as you can see from the previous posts Alan was to credit my account by €90.00 as a good will gesture as i didn't get the speed i was promised when signing up.

I'll pop you over a pm now, thanks.
    No problem MHI, :) 

I'll look into this and be back to you shortly.

-Pamela 

Advertisement