Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tesco laptop

Options
  • 16-11-2015 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi I bought a laptop in tesco during their black friday deal last year so 28th Nov 14. 4 weeks ago an issue with hardware came up and asked me to reboot computer which I did. It worked fine again then the same issue. Long story short the laptop is not working.

I went to the tesco store I bought it in 3 weeks ago and was told that they can do nothing until they get a reference code and I need to phone tesco electrical helpline to get this and then come back to them. I phoned the helpline and tgey said they only issue ref numbers if the laptop is under 28 days! I returned to shop and they said they can do nothing unless I have a reference code this went on and I was going in circles for the last 3 weeks. Eventually tesco told me to contact lenova - the makers and they will fix it I tried this and to no avail either as they said it's tesco that should deal with me. My warranty is nearly out of date.

1. Tesco shop can't help me without reference code from helpline
    2. Helpline won't give me a reference code said to contact lenova.
    3. Lenova said to return to shop.

I literally feel like i have been going in circles the last month over this and nobody seems to be accountable where do I go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

They have to offer a repair, replacement or refund. Your contract is with Tesco. I would demand to see the manager and if s/he is not helpful, open a small claims case.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭daisydood

Diziet wrote: »
    They have to offer a repair, replacement or refund. Your contract is with Tesco. I would demand to see the manager and if s/he is not helpful, open a small claims case.

Tesco (store) have been so helpful bit that said that their hands are tied as the computer system will literally not let them do a refund/replacement / repair without the reference number I've spoke to the manager each time and he has phoned head office and told me they were unhelpful to him too and I need to contact lenova. So fed up of going around in circles is there any particular law stating the contract is with the seller and not the manufacturer? Does the eu directive on 2 years warranty kick in if it goes over 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

This site provides all the info you need. Tesco's computer system should not be your problem.
    http://www.consumerhelp.ie/your-rights?gclid=CKikzYGslckCFZM2gQodv_0G2A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

whats the issue with the laptop

Advertisement