Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharged by DHL - Possible to get refund?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I think the OP's point is that whoever is to blame, the OP shouldn't be the one out of pocket for the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

whiterebel wrote: »
    If the shipper had a special deal with DHL in the USA they should have filled it out on the form, and DHL could then stand over the special arrangement on freight.
    I don't know if they have a special deal, but DHL told me that they have an account, and as a result can offer cheaper shipping. I think they pay DHL by the year or something.
    whiterebel wrote: »
    If the shipper had done it correctly, they probably would have shown a much higher figure on the paperwork due to the size of the box. DHL could have hundreds if not thousands of shipments arriving back to their depot in the evening, and can't check every one of them to make sure the paperwork is correct. It actually sounds like the shipper is pulling a fast one with DHL, telling them it is .67kg, and not filling out the dimensions so they get away with being charged the incorrect rate.
    No, I weighed it. And it weighed .67kg.
    The box it came in is 1 foot long, 8½ inches deep and 8 inches wide.

Their Airways bill weighs it at 4kg. The other invoice says 2.5kg (Although I can't find where that is written now.)
    MOH wrote: »
    I think the OP's point is that whoever is to blame, the OP shouldn't be the one out of pocket for the mistake.
    That's exactly it.

In any case, apparently there's nothing I can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Allyall wrote: »

Their Airways bill weighs it at 4kg. The other invoice says 2.5kg (Although I can't find where that is written now.)

That *is* 2.5kg, or thereabouts, volumetric weight :confused:

In centimetres, (30 * 20 * 21.25) / 5000 = 2.55.

Can't see how DHL could possibly have got 4kg?!
    Unless there's a weight range like 2-4kg and that's the range it falls into. Seems odd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know if they have a special deal, but DHL told me that they have an account, and as a result can offer cheaper shipping. I think they pay DHL by the year or something.

That's exactly it.

In any case, apparently there's nothing I can do about it.

Yeah, because you accepted the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah, because you accepted the charges.

I didn't, I wasn't there. The person that did thought they were doing me a favour, which is fair enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement