Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LGBT in the Defences Forces.

• 16-11-2015 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just wondering how Gay members of the PDF are perceived by their colleagues. Are they open about their sexuality?
    In your experience do you find it to be an inclusive organisation that it makes itself out to be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

9 times out of ten, no one will give a **** as long as you pull your weight, turn up on time and don't moan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Theres no transgender people in the defence forces yet...

I have no problem with LGBT in the Defence Forces, I treat everybody the same with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

mikeym wrote: »
    Theres no transgender people in the defence forces yet...

This is incorrect.

To the OP, as far as I aware, each brigade now has an LGBT liason team. I do know the Curraghs one met up recently for the first time I believe. They have a fairly broad scope. Not just for LGBT members of the DF but also for DF personnel who may be having a hard time dealing with having an LGBT family member or friend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

from when i joined to today, ive met some people openly gay, nobody gave a f*ck. dont see a problem with it myself and think that it should be a non issue for someone joining really.

Advertisement