Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s Insurance

Options
  • 16-11-2015 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hey
    I got a 6s in america at the start of October and no I want to get insurance for it.
    Can someone recommend a good insurance company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I can't recommend a company but whoever you do choose, make sure you check they cover phones purchased outside of the EU. A lot don't

• Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I was looking at this a week or two back. Blue Insurance and Chill insurance are two. Most of the companies out there are just reselling Blue insurance so the prices are all similar and the terms and conditions the same.

Read the small print carefully, there are lots of clauses in there that they will not pay out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭EireLemon

siobhan08 wrote: »
    Hey
    I got a 6s in america at the start of October and no I want to get insurance for it.
    Can someone recommend a good insurance company?

What happened OP? I'm getting a new iPhone in America and I want to insure it, did any insurance accept you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

TBH I never got around to insuring it. I just got a really good otter box case for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

From what I've heard, you can insure an iPhone as 'contents' under your existing home insurance policy.

Device insurance is not worth it, in my opinion at least.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,846 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

You can put it on your home contents insurance but there are downsides to that too. For one thing making a claim will raise your home contents insurance which works kind of like car insurance with no claims discounts.

Advertisement