Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you tip the maintenance guy?

Options
  • 16-11-2015 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

I am on a rental apartment and I was just wondering if you tip the maintenance guy? If yes, how much?

Appreciate a quick answer, got a painter in the other room :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

TripleAce wrote: »
    I am on a rental apartment and I was just wondering if you tip the maintenance guy? If yes, how much?

Appreciate a quick answer, got a painter in the other room :D

No.

Not at all.

He is probably on more money than you and doing nixers of the weekend.

Why would you tip a maintenance guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

listermint wrote: »
    No.

Not at all.

He is probably on more money than you and doing nixers of the weekend.

Why would you tip a maintenance guy!

Cool thanks, was just wondering we usually tip waiters, pizza delivery guys, taxi drivers, etc. etc. but really wasn't sure whether the maintenance guy was supposed to be on that list or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Offer a cup of tea, is as far as I'd suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr OBumble is a maintenance guy. So I think you should tip them.

But sadly I can report that hardly anyone ever does.

NB they're not as well paid as you might expect, either. And mostly self-employed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭play it again

If you're satisfied with the job and it was done in a friendly and courteous manner , there's no harm and giving him the price of a drink

• Advertisement

TripleAce wrote: »
    Cool thanks, was just wondering we usually tip waiters, pizza delivery guys, taxi drivers, etc. etc. but really wasn't sure whether the maintenance guy was supposed to be on that list or not :D

This isn't America, I don't tip taxi drivers, delivery people etc. I usually leave a small tip in a restaurant as unfortunately it's become the done thing but that's it. No way on earth would I tip a person coming to work on my own house never mind a place im renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

His salary will be in the annual management accounts.

You can have a look and make up your own mind

Advertisement