Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to exchange Turkish Lira

• 16-11-2015 5:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know somewhere in Dublin I could change some lira for Euro?

My bank don't deal in Turkish lira.
    It's just €50 worth or so.

Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

BOI will change them, last I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

AIB are quoting a rate for the Turkish lira on their 'we buy' FX page ....

http://personal.aib.ie/our-products/current-accounts/foreign-exchange/foreign-exchange-rates-buy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

Thanks - but probably only to lodge to your account, no?

sbs2010 wrote: »

Possibly. Now that you mention it, I doubt if they would buy all of those currencies over the counter. You'll have to call in and ask or phone your local branch.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

sbs2010 wrote: »

I know when I worked in BOI we dealt with them the same way as we would with Sterling and Dollars - you could do cash for cash or lodge them, customer's choice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

There was a Bureau de Change down beside the Central Bank towards O'Connel Bridge where I would assume you could change the Turkish Lira. Not sure if it is there anymore though.

PaulM1977 wrote: »
    There was a Bureau de Change down beside the Central Bank towards O'Connel Bridge where I would assume you could change the Turkish Lira. Not sure if it is there anymore though.

By the time a Bureau du Change applies commission, a sh1te FX rate and their 'handling fee', the OP will be lucky to get the bus fare home for his €50 worth of Turkish lira.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement