Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microwave bought in tescos

Options
  • 16-11-2015 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

hi i purchased in july of this year 5 months ago
    a panasonic microwave model number nn-ct552w.
    the only reason i bought it was because of its large capacity,
    to fit a baby bottle sterilising unit inside.
    as of this afternoon the microwave is dead.
    i bouoght the microwave for 70 euro even though this exact microwave retails at over 200 so they obviously made a mistake in the pricing.
    i went back to my local tesco this evening with the receipt and they were only willing to give me a refund, they said they no longer stock that model
    the problem with this is i cannot find an equivalent microwave for near that price,
    what are my options
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

If Tesco haven't got an equivalent spec machine in stock then they can't give you one and with a full refund you're only entitled to what you paid i.e. €70. The most practical option is to contact the manufacturer and make a warranty claim (you could lodge the warranty claim through the seller but it'll probably take longer).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

copperhead wrote: »
    hi i purchased in july of this year 5 months ago
    a panasonic microwave model number nn-ct552w.
    the only reason i bought it was because of its large capacity,
    to fit a baby bottle sterilising unit inside.
    as of this afternoon the microwave is dead.
    i bouoght the microwave for 70 euro even though this exact microwave retails at over 200 so they obviously made a mistake in the pricing.
    i went back to my local tesco this evening with the receipt and they were only willing to give me a refund, they said they no longer stock that model
    the problem with this is i cannot find an equivalent microwave for near that price,
    what are my options
    thanks in advance

Accept the refund is the only option they have offered you, you cannot force them to offer any other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Most people would be more than happy that a no quibble refund was given. Well done tesco.

Advertisement