Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong winds Tuesday 17th November: Gusts possible up to 140km/h

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Barney hates you
    He hates me
    Took my power
    and broke my PC

My old desktop that I use won't start since Barney took the power when in use. Power back about 5 minutes.
    It is 8 years old but still...

Winds are dying down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

pad199207 wrote: »
    Power out in Naas my station offline now. It is very bad out there! Trees down everywhere

Chainsaw at the ready?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Some severe gusts now in Swords Co. Dublin.

Same here in Donabate. Absolutely wicked night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Oak Park Carlow saw a gust of 125kmh between 4pm and 5pm which matches what the station recorded during Storm Darwin in February 2014, my station saw a top gust of 92.6kmh at 4:53pm which is below the 109km/h I recorded during Storm Darwin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Avoided the worst of it in Waterford, didn't even get a gust over 45 knots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Went out with my anemometer to the local park a few minutes ago. Gust: 27knots; Avg: 15knots. East Anglia (Inland). I am guessing peak in the next two to three hours here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Max 56 knots Dublin airport now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Kilcullen is as quiet as it never happened now.

Only the roof (well, part of it), and a lack of mobile signal reminds me of what has happened this evening.

Could be worse I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Evelyn Cusack on just now showing were the strongest of the winds were. Eerily similar to Darwin back in Feb 2014 with Mace Hd, Shannon & Oak Park standing out during both storms

368867.PNG

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wind at dublin at 19:00 (According to metar) 42kts (78km/h) gusting 56kts (104km.h)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

all calm in mayo now, looks it missed us this time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Pretty Quiet/boring in the IFSC now, people walking about pretty easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Summary of Met stations so far:
    Screen-Shot-2015-11-17-at-19.32.46.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Ardent

I'm getting the 8:45 PM flight from LHR to Dublin - is it bad right now? Do I need to pop a sh!t load of valium for this flight??

Ardent wrote: »
    I'm getting the 8:45 PM flight from LHR to Dublin - is it bad right now? Do I need to pop a sh!t load of valium for this flight??

Winds have died alot in the last 30mins, and will continue to die rapidly. Winds at 19:30 32kts at Gusting 44kts compared to 42kts gusting 56kts 30mins before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Nothing of note in North Meath, seems to have missed us

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭josip

Cycled home from Dun Laoghaire to Shankill between 4 and 4.30 via the top of Killiney Hill and Vico Road.
    The sea was a mess.
    Very happy to have gotten home before the worst of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Awaaf

Pretty calm (relatively speaking) in Dun Laoghaire now. Was as full on as I can remember for a while between 4pm and 7pm.

Back to the park again: Gust: 38knots. Avg: c22knots.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

west meath pretty calm right now and wasn't so bad before.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Hard to believe it's near calm now in Ardfert after reaching 96.6 kph here today at 13.53 . Speeds gradually eased over a couple of hours after that.

6.4mm rainfall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I still need to see a weather station right on the summit of Kippure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Along with a webcam for snow watching :)

Wind has picked up again here (East Anglia). Not going out again though as there are too many trees with large branches down. Local weather stations reporting gusts >45mph atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Footage from the headlines on Wales today on BBC 1 there show waves over topping a ferry presumably at Holyhead

In regards to the yellow wind warning for tomorrow, Villian opened a thread here: http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057523946/1/#post97772447

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Pretty sure there is a station up there, the data just isn't publicly available.

Advertisement