Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strong winds Tuesday 17th November: Gusts possible up to 140km/h

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Surely that ferry should of been cancelled

Absolutely, but it wasnt. All the superferries since midday have left more or less on time. They can hack the weather but its very uncomfortable on board and food and drink service is often curtailed, not that youd be in the mood for a feed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Not much of a storm in Galway oh well winter hasn't even started yet anyway...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Recent 57 kt gust at Dun Laoghaire harbour...wonder what it will be like later, especially on exposed Wicklow coasts?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wind starting to pack a punch here (in Dublin 16)...long gusts. Looks like strongest winds in Dublin will be during rush hour.

http://www.siptu.ie/media/webcam/

Buffeting.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Just come back from the school run. The NCR in Limerick is full of debris. There are some very old trees there - I wasn't comfortable driving underneath them.

There's a small tree snapped in half in our estate and one of our fences is down.

How will the roads going from Dublin port to Maynooth around 5-630? Should he stick around and travel later?

Yes. Highest winds in Dublin will be 5-8pm roughly.

Any bit of a tree down or truck turned over will mess up that route, personally Id leave it till 6.45 and only then after checking out Live Drive on twitter or their FM broadcast, 103.2 FM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Regular gusts above 70 km/h here for the last half hour or so. Highest so far is 78.9 km/h. Enough to rip the felt off our shed roof, had to spend the last while trying to tack it back down as the gusts increased.
    zSnnZ6E.jpg

Was very blowy in Galway crossing the city short while ago, strong crosswind on Ballybrit dual carriageway, glad not driving high sided vehicle or overtaking one, mind you the Supermacs wind turbine is still going... tumblr_mvgnzm1lF91s96utdo1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Winds have picked up in Castlebar, but not a patch on last weeks weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

And a High Wind Warning for UL:

High wind warning

Please note that due to the high winds currently in operation, certain pedestrian restrictions will be in the “Plassey House Close”.

Pedestrians accessing from the tower doors into the “Close”, are requested to stay on the path beside the building and obey deployed red & white tape/columns.

Also, the footpath from John Tyndall tower (Tower 1) to Harry Ferguson Tower (Tower 3) will be closed to pedestrians.

Please ensure all external windows and doors are closed/secured.

BUILDINGS AND ESTATES DEPARTMENT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

The Ryanair from Stansted to Cork has been diverted to Dublin. The Stansted to Shannon has succeeded in landing at it's destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gone stormy in Galway again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Jpmarn wrote: »
    The Ryanair from Stansted to Cork has been diverted to Dublin. The Stansted to Shannon has succeeded in landing at it's destination.
    Can't see Dublin to be much easier to land in at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Seems to have dropped off in Cork City somewhat from earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Violent gusts-Castlebar now

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

I'm currently doing a course and I was in the Clarion suite for most of the morning and afternoon. What I witnessed there was something you'd see in hurricane season in the Caribbean. Non stop tornadic water sprays and howling winds hitting off the building. Sounded like thunder. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Violent gusts-Castlebar now

It has really picked up in the last 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

85.4 km/h 4:06pm at my station in Tullow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Sky had turned a pinky yellow here and everything seems to be glowing. I hope it isn't just me. Winds gusting up to 12 knots.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Shannon airport 69knots....4pm

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Sky had turned a pinky yellow here and everything seems to be glowing. I hope it isn't just me. Winds gusting up to 12 knots.

A whole 12? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Villain wrote: »
    85.4 km/h 4:06pm at my station in Tullow

111 at Oak Park

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Jpmarn wrote: »

And flights into Dublin going to Belfast...

Shannon airport have turned their radar heads off due to excessive wind. rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Dawson Street closed off to traffic and pedestrians due to the scaffolding on at the top of the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭prunudo

Power gone now in Newtownmountkennedy, Co. Wicklow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Massive gusts here in County Limerick.

Pritty violent stuff going on here. I'd go for a walk but i'd get blown away

What Scorcese movie is that from?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Larbre34 wrote: »
    A whole 12? :P

That is all, but rising again rapidly now.

New Moon

Advertisement