Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraudulent transactions and card blocked

• 16-11-2015 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hello folks,

I had my card blocked due to fraudulent transactions. They tried cash withdrawal in Las Vegas. Fortunately the bank blocked them and no money have been stolen.

It looks like that the card has been cloned. I don't think they sniffed the data from an on-line website being the fraudulent operation a physical one (card swiped).

I am now wondering if I can make a formal complain to police or what is the usual action in cases like this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

pasquale83 wrote: »
    Hello folks,

I had my card blocked due to fraudulent transactions. They tried cash withdrawal in Las Vegas. Fortunately the bank blocked them and no money have been stolen.

It looks like that the card has been cloned. I don't think they sniffed the data from an on-line website being the fraudulent operation a physical one (card swiped).

I am now wondering if I can make a formal complain to police or what is the usual action in cases like this.

Thanks!

In this case, where you have no actual loss, l'd leave it to the bank to investigate.

Given that the actually offence took place in the states the police here might not be interested.

Advertisement