Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offered council house but information on my application was out of date

Options
  • 16-11-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi got offered a council house recently but i had my partner down as unemployed on the application as he was. I never updated it so im afraid now that they will take back the offer. due to meet them next week and sign contract. His work is only temporary.. thanks any replys would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note edited the post title to be more meaningful, this will help you attract more helpful replies

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Marmarmar wrote: »
    Hi got offered a council house recently but i had my partner down as unemployed on the application as he was. I never updated it so im afraid now that they will take back the offer. due to meet them next week and sign contract. His work is only temporary.. thanks any replys would be great
    Explain the situation to them. They want people to be employed - they realise that having their accommodation only occupied by jobless households is counter-productive.

It may affect the amount of rent you pay. If the work doesn't continue, you can ask for a rent review.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Marmarmar

Hi victor. Ya im hoping for the best judt dont want it taken off us. Going to get a letter from my partners employer and send that too. Hope it wont cause havoc that we didnt update it but just didnt think id get any offer anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Are you's receiving social welfare

Gatling wrote: »
    Are you's receiving social welfare

No both working. But his work could end at anytime its only for few weeks here and there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Victor wrote: »
    Explain the situation to them. They want people to be employed - they realise that having their accommodation only occupied by jobless households is counter-productive.

Yes - but it depends on how much the combined household income is - having both working may put them over the income threshold. For two adults with no kids, this is €36,750 AFTER tax - so not hard to go over.

You can earn as much as you want after you're in the house, and you just pay more rent as stated.

But you need to be below the threshold at allocation date. (It used to be at application date, but this was changed a few years ago.)

OP, I think they average over the last few months (or maybe even the whole year) income for people who have temporary work

Yes - but it depends on how much the combined household income is - having both working may put them over the income threshold. For two adults with no kids, this is €36,750 AFTER tax - so not hard to go over.

You can earn as much as you want after you're in the house, and you just pay more rent as stated.

But you need to be below the threshold at allocation date. (It used to be at application date, but this was changed a few years ago.)

OP, I think they average over the last few months (or maybe even the whole year) income for people who have temporary work

He is only working since august so how would they access our income then

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

He is only working since august so how would they access our income then

Annual equivalent is what matters in most things.

L1011 wrote: »
    Annual equivalent is what matters in most things.

So 2adults 1child.. im working full time and hes working temporary since august. How do i work that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,910 ✭✭✭✭L1011

So 2adults 1child.. im working full time and hes working temporary since august. How do i work that out.

Kids have no impact on your annual income (they may on differential rent; but its income we're dealing with). Your combined annual income is extremely easy to work out - your income plus his. Work his out by multiplying the average monthly by 12.

By the figures you've mentioned in another thread, you are quite significantly over the threshold; however at this stage of the process it is more likely to just increase your rent figure.

• Advertisement

Kids have no impact on your annual income (they may on differential rent; but its income we're dealing with).

They don't impact on the nett income.

But they do have an impact on the threshold for being eligible for a house, or not. At least with the council's whose websites i looked at this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

A lot of people don't realise there's guideline figures but apparently every local authority can lower the income thresholds under their own rules

Kids have no impact on your annual income (they may on differential rent; but its income we're dealing with). Your combined annual income is extremely easy to work out - your income plus his. Work his out by multiplying the average monthly by 12.

By the figures you've mentioned in another thread, you are quite significantly over the threshold; however at this stage of the process it is more likely to just increase your rent figure.

They only want 4 payslips from us each.

They only want 4 payslips from us each.

So it looks like they're taking the average over the last month.

Talk to them and see if they'll make an exception for you. But they might not.

So it looks like they're taking the average over the last month.

Talk to them and see if they'll make an exception for you. But they might not.

Ya so my partner has got a letter from employer stating that its only temp work and that its ceasing mid december which is true.

Advertisement