Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a robust scooter for 6 year old

Options
  • 17-11-2015 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi,

My 6 year old son would like a scooter for Xmas, he's never had one. I am looking for a robust and durable one as it will be used to go to school (2km each way) and playing around the estate.

I've done a bit of research and it seems that the micro scooters get the best reviews but they are very expensive. (€120-130) Are they worth the money? I wouldn't mind getting one second hand but so far I couldn't find any.

I've seen 2 types of micro scooters, the maxi (3 wheels) and sprite (2 wheels). Is there one better than the other or is it just down to the child's preference?

Or would you recommend a different brand?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭snor

Would highly recommend the micro scooter. Mine travel miles on theirs. They have the 3 wheeled ones. Must have them 3-4 years at this stage and still going strong. They go very fast on them so a helmet might be a good idea. I got ours in Nimble Fingers in stillorgan- they have a website. Avoca sometimes have them in special offer so keep an eye out there.

They get much more use out of the scooters than the bikes. I also love how easy they are to pop in the car. We even brought ours to Spain on holidays a few years back!

Advertisement