Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair transplant aftercare

Options
  • 17-11-2015 3:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I've recently had a FUE hair transplant and I'm currently on day 13 and things seem to be going smoothly! I've very few scabs left and a little redness to the scalp!! I am just wondering, I'm a smoker and I have not stopped smoking!! I have smoked about 6 - 10 each day after the procedure! Will this effect the final result?? Does anybody have experience of this? Should I be worried??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Did you tell them or did they ask if you're a smoker? Usually smoking slows down the healing process. I know this from when i smoked and had back surgery, they told me to stop while i was healing. I didn’t actually stop but I did cut down and healed fine.

Advertisement