Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't see YouTube videos on touch site

Options
  • 17-11-2015 9:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭

Hi,

For the past couple of weeks, YouTube videos that others have posts will not load on my Android 5.1.1 phone using latest chrome. I can see the rest of the posts' comment and the space where the video should be.

Also as posted in Myrddins feedback thread, when I try to embed, i can see the video box, but it has an error message.

All works OK on opera, ....but............ Opera is shìt.

Cheers,

Itb
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDvTQPCcUpQ8BYHfWQ8MlHNOraLaVcLpIO14_tfT-3h7PO2HxN2g

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Also, what's the deal with embedding youtube videos on the touch site?

Do you have to do it the old fashioned way by chopping off everything before v=?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

I can't get videos to embed from youtube on the touch site on from my phone or from laptop on main site, just a black box with an error code, also if its from xbox clips site it just shows the url in text form

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

tripperman wrote: »
    I can't get videos to embed from youtube on the touch site on from my phone or from laptop on main site, just a black box with an error code, also if its from xbox clips site it just shows the url in text form

Show me an example where you've tried.

Spear wrote: »
    Show me an example where you've tried.

Was trying post this earlier on and got a black box with an error on the maddennfl fourm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Was trying post this earlier on and got a black box with an error on the maddennfl fourm

Take out everything before the b.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Seems the tags can't deal with the lack of query string. Reinserting the ?v= makes it work. So [noparse]
    [/noparse] gives you

Spear wrote: »
    Seems the tags can't deal with the lack of query string. Reinserting the ?v= makes it work. So [noparse]
    [/noparse] gives you

Thank you wasn't sure what I was doing wrong, simply solution in the end cheers spear

Thank you wasn't sure what I was doing wrong, simply solution in the end cheers spear

Ken's workaround is probably simpler and better.

What you have in the link http://youtu.be/b84MUxP7WIM is a link to the page, rather than the video object itself for use in embedding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Hi,

For the past couple of weeks, YouTube videos that others have posts will not load on my Android 5.1.1 phone using latest chrome. I can see the rest of the posts' comment and the space where the video should be.

Also as posted in Myrddins feedback thread, when I try to embed, i can see the video box, but it has an error message.

All works OK on opera, ....but............ Opera is shìt.

Cheers,

Itb

This is back working on chrome now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement