Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The price is okay, but it's coming from China. (It'll be January before you see it).
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ZA0H5H6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

The same box is on Amazon DE/FR/NL for €55, I think it's €60 delivered from Europe.

It may be worth seeing what price this launches at in 3 days, and what spec\options\wetek bonus content it has.
    http://core.wetek.com/

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/08/25/wetek-core-android-5-1-tv-box-to-support-netflix-in-hd-openelec-lubuntu-and-more/

TBH, I don't think I would pay over €80. Support, and the external tuners it supports could make me think again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

heard the new wetek core will be €119
    There's 10% off if u pre register to order early or something at the moment

Not sure if it's worth that tho ?
    With no tuners

[[[. W
    It may be worth seeing what price this launches at in 3 days, and what spec\options\wetek bonus content it has.

http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/08/25/wetek-core-android-5-1-tv-box-to-support-netflix-in-hd-openelec-lubuntu-and-more/

TBH, I don't think I would pay over €80. Support, and the external tuners it supports could make me think again :)[/quote]

GY A1 wrote: »

With no tuners

There is a list of external tuner sticks, but they would probably work with many other devices.
    It says rumoured €109 on the CNX site.
    The discount is over.

I don't think I'd pay near that high for it...
    But, if people are paying €100 for some of the boxes on Adverts, this is probably an excellent option.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So far of the 19 users that have purchased these along with me and one other Waterford user who is collecting his, only 7 people have paid the PM delivery charge to me so far, if the others could get this sorted by tomorrow, then I should be able to get them sent back to PM tomorrow evening. They are due to be delivery to be tomorrow, they were scanned in Cork yesterday morning, so all going well I'll have them in the morning.

Thanks all.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So far of the 19 users that have purchased these along with me and one other Waterford user who is collecting his, only 7 people have paid the PM delivery charge to me so far, if the others could get this sorted by tomorrow, then I should be able to get them sent back to PM tomorrow evening. They are due to be delivery to be tomorrow, they were scanned in Cork yesterday morning, so all going well I'll have them in the morning.

Thanks all.
    I'm one, will sort it now, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Just paid up, sorry for the delay! Was trying to break me piggy bank all weekend!

Thanks lads, just received both your payments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 thelynchs

Just sent payment and email there, apologies for delay !

Just 4 more users left to pay now, thanks to all who have paid so far, all going well these will be dispatched tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

If anyone leaves you down on one of these I will take it. Need one as a Christmas present. In Waterford also.

• Advertisement

If anyone leaves you down on one of these I will take it. Need one as a Christmas present. In Waterford also.

They've all been paid for in advance so highly doubtful that someone won't bother claiming theirs. All I'm looking for now is what's owed on the delivery of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

GY A1 wrote: »

With no tuners

[[[. W

TBH, I don't think I would pay over €80. Support, and the external tuners it supports could make me think again :)
    [/QUOTE]

Not worth €120 - no chance. Same price as the Nvidia shield And the Minix. Pre reg closed weeks ago so no discount.

All our boxed are packed up. Gave the youngest a tenner to label and pack up everything on sat afternoon (along with an adapter for each one), so they'll be out in first post today. I'll have tracking numbers for all.

Just waiting on 3 more users now to get in touch with me, hopefully they'll be back online this morning and forward on their details to me.

I don't know how I f**ked up the anpost reg rates. I had it pencilled in at €6.10 a pop but they charged me €10.60 per box with the exception of Ush who I packaged 2 together which was €12.75. My mistake as it was .1kg on my search of charges which does indeed return at €6.10. Should have been 1kg :o

My bad, so i'll take the hit on the extra. You guys should have them tomorrow. I've tracking numbers for the complete consignment. Adapters all included. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭jm08

dodzy wrote: »
    I don't know how I f**ked up the anpost reg rates. I had it pencilled in at €6.10 a pop but they charged me €10.60 per box with the exception of Ush who I packaged 2 together which was €12.75. My mistake as it was .1kg on my search of charges which does indeed return at €6.10. Should have been 1kg :o

My bad, so i'll take the hit on the extra. You guys should have them tomorrow. I've tracking numbers for the complete consignment. Adapters all included. Enjoy.

How much are you short? Definately not letting you take the hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

if there is another group but let me know and i'll join in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 eddie77

jm08 wrote: »

I will second that. You've already put enough work in getting the orders for us and posting them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

The adapters probably pushed it over? Definitely don't take the hit it might put you / others off further group buys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

PM how much you're short and I'll forward it over, no bother.

jm08 wrote: »
    eddie77 wrote: »
    I will second that. You've already put enough work in getting the orders for us and posting them out

It's only a fiver a pop roughly by 9. (Ush bought 2 so he's covered. 2 more were me and a friend so no post). Seriously, don't worry about it lads. Hope you enjoy them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

It's only a fiver a pop roughly by 9. (Ush bought 2 so he's covered. 2 more were me and a friend so no post). Seriously, don't worry about it lads. Hope you enjoy them :)

I'll post ya a fiver, you've been far too good so far, organising, getting adapters etc.

PM me your address and I'll send the fiver, it's supposed to be a bargain for everyone.

Fair is fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Bartyman wrote: »
    I'll post ya a fiver, you've been far too good so far, organising, getting adapters etc.

PM me your address and I'll send the fiver, it's supposed to be a bargain for everyone.

Fair is fair.

I'm on your list too - if you're short just tell us by how much and we can sort it. Given all the effort you've put into this you should be up not down on funds

I just sent you a fiver on paypal. It would take all the good out of it if you got caught, particularly after doing all the work.

All mine arrived here this morning also, I have them all packaged up now waiting to go, however I am still waiting on two users to send me on their PM details as Nightline are going to call to me and collect them all together. Ive emailed and sent a PM to both users now so I just awaiting a reply.

58ECF7DA-A3C3-4DE8-BCB3-7EF5DB015F09_zpshvnd1wtx.jpg

73FC08AA-6A90-4910-9B26-AF1ADA94CDDA_zpsmuimu3w5.jpg

All mine arrived here this morning also, I have them all packaged up now waiting to go, however I am still waiting on two users to send me on their PM details as Nightline are going to call to me and collect them all together. Ive emailed and sent a PM to both users now so I just awaiting a reply.

Looking good Aquos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Sent you PM I will send you on that 5er you have done more than enough without being put out of pocket yourself.

Unfortunately Im still waiting for two users to get back to me, looks like I may now be to late to place a call to get Nightline to call to me this afternoon. Ill go ahead and book a collection from them in the morning now, that gives the last two another few hours to come back to me atleast.

• Advertisement

Parcel Motel has now been informed that I'm ready for them to call to me, they will try and get to me this evening but if not it will be tomorrow. I'm still awaiting details for one user but I'll have to do that one as an individual delivery when he does get back to me, no point holding up everyone else for the sake of one person. Thanks to all for been so patient up to this, hopefully the delivery process goes without any hiccups now.

Just a big thank you to the folks who insisted in forwarding me on the postage difference via Paypal. Much appreciated. I dropped the ball on this one guys; if I'd have copped the correct price I'd have suggested PM, but sure, its done now. Hope you guys have fun with the boxes. Haven't even got a chance to plug mine in yet ! Hopefully this evening :)

Nightline won't get to me till tomorrow so I'm going to drop them to the depot this evening instead, that way most should have them by Wednesday at the latest.

FA51B754-8F97-4820-84E5-8EC7940B7D5B_zpsfqnciviz.jpg

Nightline won't get to me till tomorrow so I'm going to drop them to the depot this evening instead, that way most should have them by Wednesday at the latest.

FA51B754-8F97-4820-84E5-8EC7940B7D5B_zpsfqnciviz.jpg

You should be knighted sir ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If your stuck with a few with people going awol ill gladly take one [fully pay ofcourse :)]off your hands,just getting that in there on the off chance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

They've all been paid for. It's just the delivery that's left to sort out.

• Advertisement

All mine bar one have been sent out this evening, The chap I'm waiting on hasn't logged on to boards since last Thursday, so Im sure he'll be in touch also when it dawns on him that he gave me €54 for nothing :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Thanks a million for that Aquos. Way above and beyond what you needed to do. Sound fella !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

Thanks a million for that Aquos. Way above and beyond what you needed to do. Sound fella !

Thanks for everything Aquos.It's greately appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Can I ask for a reccomendation for an android box?

I wouldnt have a great deal of knowledge of them but have been thinking of getting one.
    Live sports and Tv shows/movies would be my priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭dec2000

Didn't have a chance to open it yet but the postman arrived with my box this morning - thanks again dodzy for organising the buy and going above and beyond..

• Advertisement

Got mine today. Thanks Dodzy for everything. Getting the adopter was a real nice touch.

Now for Phase II - getting it up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Also got mine his morning, looking forward to setting it up.

Dodzy, fair play for organising, even at your own expense. Hopefully most people paid the difference.

Looking at some of the prices on Ebay for these, we did well:D

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Received today. Thanks Dodzy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can someone link us to what you guys bought please, I want to grab a streaming box.

Dcully wrote: »
    Can someone link us to what you guys bought please, I want to grab a streaming box.

We got them in a group buy for €53.99 on Blackfriday/CyberMonday offer.
    http://webshop.openelec.tv/

€90 now, probably a bit much....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Like a lot of people that pop in here, have a browse around and have no knowledge of Kodi or streaming boxes, different types of tuners and what they do, at the same time I haven't a clue where to start or even if this is the best device to get, (ive even seen a comment stating that if you don't know what Kodi is then this unit isn't for you) these devices seem to be the business, don't want to annoy anybody so apologies to the experts on here, could anyone put me on the right track without saying "look up google"
    Like others I have a basic enough Sky package but would like more.
    My internet speed is around 5 or 6mb, due to be upgraded to E-fiber in the first quarter 2016
    I assume the group deal is over at this stage
    Thanks in advance....hope some of you can put me on the right track...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bogman wrote: »
    Like a lot of people that pop in here, have a browse around and have no knowledge of Kodi or streaming boxes, different types of tuners and what they do, at the same time I haven't a clue where to start or even if this is the best device to get, (ive even seen a comment stating that if you don't know what Kodi is then this unit isn't for you) these devices seem to be the business, don't want to annoy anybody so apologies to the experts on here, could anyone put me on the right track without saying "look up google"
    Like others I have a basic enough Sky package but would like more.
    My internet speed is around 5 or 6mb, due to be upgraded to E-fiber in the first quarter 2016
    I assume the group deal is over at this stage
    Thanks in advance....hope some of you can put me on the right track...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057446012

I spoke to Orla from Parcel Motel a few mins ago, My orders should be in Dublin motels by this evening and the rest of you should have them by tomorrow. She has all 23 orders sorted and ready to go to the lockers overnight. There are some locations that there is a shortage of lockers at the minute and there are some backlogs but she has told me that she has given these a priority delivery :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭kaltz

I spoke to Orla from Parcel Motel a few mins ago, My orders should be in Dublin motels by this evening and the rest of you should have them by tomorrow. She has all 23 orders sorted and ready to go to the lockers overnight. There are some locations that there is a shortage of lockers at the minute and there are some backlogs but she has told me that she has given these a priority delivery :)

Thanks Aquos. Just checked and mine is en-route. Excellent job. You may have set yourself up with a new role here. :D:D

kaltz wrote: »
    Thanks Aquos. Just checked and mine is en-route. Excellent job. You may have set yourself up with a new role here. :D:D

I'm just wondering if he's using his sexy voice to get Orla to do all these favours :pac:.
    Or should I say, I'm wondering how sounds the sexy voice to get Orla to do all these favours.. :)

Soundbyte.. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement