Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Also interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

count me in if going ahead.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Seen as I bought 26 units from them already, I'll email them in the morning and see what kind of price they'll do for me again, I'd have no bother doing another order but all I'll say is it would want to be done in the next day or so if people want delivery by Christmas. I placed my order with them on a Sunday and they arrived to me the following Monday which was 8 days, it took PM 2-3 days to get them delivered for me. I'd imagine that timeline would be increased now as it's even closer to Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Can someone put up a video of their box in action I'd be interested to see what it actually does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Can someone put up a video of their box in action I'd be interested to see what it actually does
    TONS of videos on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Seen as I bought 26 units from them already, I'll email them in the morning and see what kind of price they'll do for me again, I'd have no bother doing another order but all I'll say is it would want to be done in the next day or so if people want delivery by Christmas. I placed my order with them on a Sunday and they arrived to me the following Monday which was 8 days, it took PM 2-3 days to get them delivered for me. I'd imagine that timeline would be increased now as it's even closer to Christmas.

I'd say we'll easily need another 26!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Count me in if theres another group buy guys

BTW how much did the guys from the first two group buys pay, including VAT, delivery and the satelite tuner? Just curious

(Damn this bargain alart section, it costs me a fortune)

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I'd say we'll easily need another 26!

Well, no one has replied to my email yet

BTW how much did the guys from the first two group buys pay, including VAT, delivery and the satelite tuner? Just curious

Via paypal/revolut card and in advance of order been placed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭stanley1

Any idea what enigma2 image is on box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

stanley1 wrote: »
    Any idea what enigma2 image is on box.

enigma2 image is nice and runs pretty well now
    theres pbnigma, openatv and open hdf,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

My batch was €67 but I used anPost regd delivery. Aquos used PM for delivery which saved his punter a few quid. I think they got out for just under €60 a pop.

FWIW, I applied to them immediately following our orders as having an interest in reselling but heard nothing back.

Still have had feck all time to have a good mess with my box. I'll take a few days for 'me' over the hols and get stuck in, proper, with a few cold ones to keep me interested.

Via paypal/revolut card and in advance of order been placed

Yes but what's the price if this group buy goes ahead.

Yes but what's the price if this group buy goes ahead.

We have no idea until they get back to us with a per unit price, have you not read the thread at all?

dodzy wrote: »
    My batch was €67 but I used anPost regd delivery. Aquos used PM for delivery which saved his punter a few quid. I think they got out for just under €60 a pop.

FWIW, I applied to them immediately following our orders as having an interest in reselling but heard nothing back.

Still have had feck all time to have a good mess with my box. I'll take a few days for 'me' over the hols and get stuck in, proper, with a few cold ones to keep me interested.

Thanks for your reply mate, that's an amazing price you guys got

Did that include the sat tuner?

We have no idea until they get back to us with a per unit price, have you not read the thread at all?

I must have missed it, calm down fella :)

GY A1 wrote: »
    enigma2 image is nice and runs pretty well now
    theres pbnigma, openatv and open hdf,

Glad to see openatv have an image available, always got great results from that provider.

stanley1 wrote: »
    Glad to see openatv have an image available, always got great results from that provider.

That is great news, I wonder will Vix make an image for this box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks for your reply mate, that's an amazing price you guys got

Did that include the sat tuner?
    Yep, tuner of choice included in price. DVB-T was an option that one of my guys received. Same price, irrespective of tuner type.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Edmundy

Well, no one has replied to my email yet

I am definitely in . reply here or privately ?

• Advertisement

Edmundy wrote: »
    I am definitely in . reply here or privately ?

I mean no one from wetek :)

Opps sorry

Opps sorry

Just had a reply from them, not a hope of them matching the Black Friday deal again it seems, and they haven't even indicated what shipping charges would be.
    Thank you for contacting us and for your purchase.

In this moment we are not running any campaign, but for order more than 12 devices we can give you devices for 68 euros, and VAT included. Costs of shipping are not included.

In case you are interested please, inform us.

Best regards,
    Aldina
    Wetek Support Team

I take it that shipping would be based on how many shipped ?

Yeah, strange that they mentioned shipping costs thou as the Black Friday ones including "free" shipping as did the standalone price of €89.99 I suppose we all know that there really is no such thing as Free shipping though, normally those costs are factored into the unit price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

dodzy wrote: »
    Yep, tuner of choice included in price. DVB-T was an option that one of my guys received. Same price, irrespective of tuner type.

Which tuner would be suitable if one was to use an existing Sky dish Dodzy?
    Thanks....

most supplier have free shipping on orders over 500 euro,
    seems wierd if they want to charge shipping at this stage

bogman wrote: »
    Which tuner would be suitable if one was to use an existing Sky dish Dodzy?
    Thanks....

dvb s2 is for satellite
    thats what you will want,

btw the dvb t2/c is for cable/terestial, ie saorview

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Can I be included if a multi buy goes a head please.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Thought there was Free shipping on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 anotherjd

I would be interested also in a multibuy if it goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭joei

Just had a reply from them, not a hope of them matching the Black Friday deal again it seems, and they haven't even indicated what shipping charges would be.
    That's strange, it would easily be another of 25+ units ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

anotherjd wrote: »
    I would be interested also in a multibuy if it goes ahead.

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Broken Back Light

I would also be interested in a multibuy if it goes ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Wetek sounds a nice box, add me in if it goes ahead Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Wetek sounds a nice box, add me in if multibuy goes ahead Please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There must be near 40 now? Wetek would be daft not to..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Allyall wrote: »
    There must be near 40 now? Wetek would be daft not to..

I got a reply today from one of the marketing team saying he would forward on my request to the sales team. Although after the replies that others got here I'm not holding my breath. Don't think I've ever seen so much interest in an offer that doesn't exist yet!

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

Am I missing something? Where is the bargain?

Official price €89.99 (shipping included)

Multibuy €68 + shipping (a few € per unit) + re-shipping (reg. post another €10-ish) = easily €80 + lots of hassle and time. For €9? Really? I know we have recession, but for God's sake, lads...

If you don't need this box badly wait a few months. Most likely next year they will offer Weitek Ultra HD box for similar price. UHD TV's are now cheap and UHD content is already offered by some streaming services from UK. That's why Amazon offers new UHD TV Fire for GPB 80 (65 during Black Friday week). Others do/will do also.

• Advertisement

ecomac wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Where is the bargain?

Official price €89.99 (shipping included)

Multibuy €68 + shipping (a few € per unit) + re-shipping (reg. post another €10-ish) = easily €80 + lots of hassle and time. For €9? Really? I know we have recession, but for God's sake, lads...

If you don't need this box badly wait a few months. Most likely next year they will offer Weitek Ultra HD box for similar price. UHD TV's are now cheap and UHD content is already offered by some streaming services from UK. That's why Amazon offers new UHD TV Fire for GPB 80 (65 during Black Friday week). Others do/will do also.

There is no bulk order going ahead at this stage, we were trying to see if they would do the €53.99 deal again, if the did, it would have cost €58 including PM shipping instead of €90, that would have been a decent saving.

I do agree with what you are saying if they don't budge from the €68 price alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

False supply and demand probably? They see that sales of their product have risen dramatically risen over past Month (mostly from this thread..). All of a sudden they think they can sell the box at a premium price...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

T-Bird wrote: »
    False supply and demand probably? They see that sales of their product have risen dramatically risen over past Month (mostly from this thread..). All of a sudden they think they can sell the box at a premium price...

€68 is about the used price on ebay, they are selling at about £90 on ebay all day long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

I say Expire the thread if they refuse to go down to the 53 euro price with free shipping.

cronos wrote: »
    I say Expire the thread if they refuse to go down to the 53 euro price with free shipping.

Just had another reply, I am making progress, I've just replied asking them to waive the shipping costs now.
    Thank you for contacting us and your previous order. We can offer you OE boxes for 55 EUR per device with VAT. Transport costs are not included - around 20-25 EUR for Economy service.

For additional information I am at your disposal

Just had another reply, I am making progress, I've just replied asking them to waive the shipping costs now.

Good news, shipping would only add 1 or 2 euro per unit on bulk buy, are OE units the same as last time or is there any difference?Thanks.

I assume OE stands for "Openelec"

ya id say so,
    openelec in nand on the weteks we recieved from openelec web,
    whereas weteks own website ship them with android on nand
    (nand = internal memory)
    fair play aquos for haggling :D

I'd say your right, I must be thinking OEM, thanks, looking good, fair play to you going through this again.

I am trying to nail down a definite price, obviously I haven't spoken to ParcelMotel yet but I'm hopeful that they'd give me the same deal as previously which was €3.95 per delivery. The problem with them charging me for delivery is I'd need to know in advance what I'm been charged as if I'm going to do this I want to make sure it ain't costing me anything as I won't be ordering any for myself. I've no problem putting in the time and effort into this as long as it won't be impacting on me financially.

€60 sent via PayPal (say €56 per device, includes €1 shipping and €4 PM charge) works out at around €62.40 that would be decent a price to pay.

I can't see this order been done now in time for Christmas either btw, so we could have a scenario where this could drag on till the new year, I'm only pointing this out from the onset.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement