Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I can't see this order been done now in time for Christmas either btw, so we could have a scenario where this could drag on till the new year, I'm only pointing this out from the onset.

Might the shipping cost have been for DHL express? To ensure quicker arrival?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I am trying to nail down a definite price, obviously I haven't spoken to ParcelMotel yet but I'm hopeful that they'd give me the same deal as previously which was €3.95 per delivery. The problem with them charging me for delivery is I'd need to know in advance what I'm been charged as if I'm going to do this I want to make sure it ain't costing me anything as I won't be ordering any for myself. I've no problem putting in the time and effort into this as long as it won't be impacting on me financially.

€60 sent via PayPal (say €56 per device, includes €1 shipping and €4 PM charge) works out at around €62.40 that would be decent a price to pay.

I can't see this order been done now in time for Christmas either btw, so we could have a scenario where this could drag on till the new year, I'm only pointing this out from the onset.

I've been in the wings here. Received a pro-forma invoice yesterday evening. as previously mentioned, I enquired into reselling a few weeks ago. €57 each delivered. Definitely worth that IMO. That was base on a batch of 16 units. I'm just too busy with work at the moment. Aquos, I see you've got the same deal on the table from them. I was adamant they would respond with a decent price plus the shipping only adds €25 for the 16 units, so pretty much the equivalent of the BF deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

If that deal is going ahead I will take one thanks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Allyall wrote: »
    Might the shipping cost have been for DHL express? To ensure quicker arrival?

They don't use DHL as far as I know, they used TNT on my original order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Anyone using a Fire TV or Fire Stick might want to be aware of software updates imminent from Amazon
    :Notice to ALL FIRE TV BOX/ STICK users Amazon are launching updates to BLOCK the options we currently have to add software and applications as you are aware in the past we told you to take shields/ firewalls DOWN now we are telling you to REACTIVATE them ASAP and add the following to your blocked url/sites in your routers There are three domains to block:
    amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net
    softwareupdates.amazon.com
    updates.amazon.com
    We are currently looking to see if there are any new surprise urls but ATM this seems to be the MAIN 3 that these updates are going to be launched from PLEASE do this as a matter of urgency as once these updates get in THEY ARE NOT REMOVABLE and WILL block those options in the devices rendering them useless if they crash see here for details http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-block-amazon-fire-tv-update-to-ensure-rooting/
    DO THIS AS A MATTER OF URGENCY AS THIS IS HAPPENING WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!!!

Ok, here's the last email I sent them, once they respond favourable I will start taking orders and payments. This order needs to be submitted in next 24hr if people want any hope of getting them in time, which I think is highly unlikely anyway, but sure you never know.
    Ok, I'm looking to get going on this now so I can organise getting money in from the people who wants them, this is going to be a non profit group purchase where 20+ people pay me exactly what I pay ye for these, so can we agree an all in price of €56 including VAT and shipping, I guarantee you in excess of 20 units also.

I'm keen to get these ordered ASAP so some will have them by next week.

Please respond ASAP

Once I open orders, I will leave it open for maximum 24hrs for me to have received the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I am interested and will be monitoring thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Also very much interested Aquos so will keeping and eye on this thread. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

I've said it before but just incase, i want in, i'll check the thread through out the day

• Advertisement

Invincible wrote: »
    :Notice to ALL FIRE TV BOX/ STICK users

Is that recent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

This box is getting alot of attention from the Kodi Community at the moment and one of the guys there has done a review of it using the appnettv image on it, it gives you an idea of what the box is capable of.

http://kodicommunity.com/the-wetek-play-review-the-device-that-has-many-faces/

I have also heard that somebody managed to hack it to have the HDD for recording in the box itself

I was also interested in this but have a separate kodi box and think I might go for something like "Edision Optimuss OS 2 Plus" or similar with dual tuners and built in HDD just for Sat viewing and keep Kodi separate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Invincible wrote: »
    Anyone using a Fire TV or Fire Stick might want to be aware of software updates imminent from Amazon
    :Notice to ALL FIRE TV BOX/ STICK users Amazon are launching updates to BLOCK the options we currently have to add software and applications as you are aware in the past we told you to take shields/ firewalls DOWN now we are telling you to REACTIVATE them ASAP and add the following to your blocked url/sites in your routers There are three domains to block:
    amzdigitaldownloads.edgesuite.net
    softwareupdates.amazon.com
    updates.amazon.com
    We are currently looking to see if there are any new surprise urls but ATM this seems to be the MAIN 3 that these updates are going to be launched from PLEASE do this as a matter of urgency as once these updates get in THEY ARE NOT REMOVABLE and WILL block those options in the devices rendering them useless if they crash see here for details http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-block-amazon-fire-tv-update-to-ensure-rooting/
    DO THIS AS A MATTER OF URGENCY AS THIS IS HAPPENING WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS!!!!

Where did you get this info, if its not removing the existing apps I wonder will you still be able to install via esfileexplorer, aptide, wukong etc. if those are already installed. It will be complicated to block these for people with unotelly and other smartdns services configured.

Ok, time is getting on now and Ive still had no reply from Wetek, I have sent them a mail again now asking for a price for 25 DVB-S2 including fast 48 hrs shipping, and Ive also spoken with Parcel Motel again and they are ready to go as soon as I am. Once Wetek come back to me, and I am happy with the overall price, I will purchase them all myself and I will then sell them for a set price and the first 25 people to make contact to me and transfer the funds to me will get them. Simple as that. Id order more except I dont honestly know how much more interest in there for more, also, I dont want to be stuck with any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Fair dues to you, you can't lose at that price anyway you can always sell them on adverts.

Is that recent?

This morning on renegades group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

What payment methods would you accept Aquos?

Revolut OK?

Where did you get this info, if its not removing the existing apps I wonder will you still be able to install via esfileexplorer, aptide, wukong etc. if those are already installed. It will be complicated to block these for people with unotelly and other smartdns services configured.

It was posted on renegades group and meant to be on other Kodi groups. I don't own one, so I can't answer your query above.

Ok, time is getting on now and Ive still had no reply from Wetek, I have sent them a mail again now asking for a price for 25 DVB-S2 including fast 48 hrs shipping, and Ive also spoken with Parcel Motel again and they are ready to go as soon as I am. Once Wetek come back to me, and I am happy with the overall price, I will purchase them all myself and I will then sell them for a set price and the first 25 people to make contact to me and transfer the funds to me will get them. Simple as that. Id order more except I dont honestly know how much more interest in there for more, also, I dont want to be stuck with any.
    Aquos, if you want I can email you the pro forma I received yesterday. Just under €56 per box (based on 16, so id imagine that's your price) . I'm sure you can take that as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

Count me in - will keep an eye on the thread for updates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Blured wrote: »
    Count me in - will keep an eye on the thread for updates

Same here please Aquos76

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

Well i deffo want one and will transfer funds asap,but I might not be on when you announce it,wouldnt like to miss out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

wiz569 wrote: »
    Well i deffo want one and will transfer funds asap,but I might not be on when you announce it,wouldnt like to miss out

I'm in the same situation, I want one, I'd gladly pay now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Total price plz.

Can anyone tell me if the DVB-S2 versions of the wetek boxes is capable for single line feed for Sky dish(Sky in an apartment block)?

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

@Aquos76 Please add me to list - is it possible to get one without any sat connection? If not I'm still interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

I was in padairs group buy that fell through. Still interested. Just pm me when ready and I'll pay straight away by PayPal if that's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Waiting for details of payment!😄😄

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the DVB-S2 versions of the wetek boxes is capable for single line feed for Sky dish(Sky in an apartment block)?
    If you currently have a skybox that displays channels, it will work. 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Does anyone know if this box is compatible with newcamd files?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Definitely interested too once final price is known.

• Advertisement

I've just had a phone call from wetek, I'm going ahead with ordering 25 dvb s2 models, unfortunately the express delivery on these is too expensive apparently so he's saying they will be shipped tomorrow and its approximately 5 days to Ireland. The total price is €63 including PM shipping if you need it shipped, which you can sent to me via PayPal or Revolut card.

I'll start replying to My DM's shortly. These will be sold on a first come first served basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭wiz569

I've just had a phone call from wetek, I'm going ahead with ordering 25 dvb s2 models, unfortunately the express delivery on these is too expensive apparently so he's saying they will be shipped tomorrow and its approximately 5 days to Ireland. The total price is €63 including PM shipping if you need it shipped, which you can sent to me via PayPal or Revolut card.

I'll start replying to My DM's shortly. These will be sold on a first come first served basis.

PM sent m8

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

just to clarify mate, thats €63 including wetek play, dvb s2 sat tuner and shipping to our door?

just to clarify mate, thats €63 including wetek play, dvb s2 sat tuner and shipping to our door?
    Delivered to Parcel Motel. So if you don't have one, you need to PM him your name/number and a Parcel Motel Location of Choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

PM sent, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

PM sent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

pm sent, parcel motel giving me hassle adding cc details at the moment :(

so he's saying they will be shipped tomorrow and its approximately 5 days to Ireland.

PM send also, Anybody care to guess what days these could be on parcel motels baskets waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

what details do i need to send in pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Please count me in also..

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Can you count me in please, PM sent as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Add me also have pm you with my details, was also with Padaer, might ask Padear if he still wants 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Ill take one also if available also please, PM'd my details....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

I'm interested too please have sent a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Pm sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 17 anotherjd

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 czekmen1983