Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kodi Android TV Streaming Box [Livingsocial + wetek group]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Aquos76 wrote: »
    All done and dusted, (Good riddance) on their way to Nightline now, it's in the hands on the ParcelMotel elves now whether they will be delivered by Christmas Eve now :):) Happy Christmas to ye all.

9481F61B-D06B-4C4A-B5DD-6BC21EAE6BC2_zpss0pjwdop.jpg

Well done, thanks for this, enjoy your Christmas,is it true your doing another one in the new year......just kidding, have a good one, you deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Aquos76 for president !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Aquos76 for president !

A small €2 gesture through PP from all customers would ensure Aquos could get a well deserved drink for his hard work ;)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

dodzy wrote: »
    A small €2 gesture through PP from all customers would ensure Aquos could get a well deserved drink for his hard work ;)

Certainly not, I wasn't doing this to make anything out of it, thanks for the thought though.

I have forwarded up all the details to the crew in Parcel Motel so as they can get going on printing up the labels so when the packets arrive up to them it will save them time then not having to manually input each one of them then. PM have told me that they will do their best to have them delivered to all the lockers by the 24th but there may be some that dont make it in time due to previous PM items not been collected from the lockers.

Oh yeah, included with all your packets is a three pin plug so its ready to go immediately, and before you start saying, "jaysus, you shouldnt have done that" I didnt, Wetek included 62 of them with my order :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Have to say fantastic job. Well done and have a super Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

@aquos76

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

YOU SIR ARE A LEGEND

Thanks and I wish you and all yours a very merry Xmas. I hope I can repay your hard work one day with an equally unselfish gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Santa could learn from you Aquos !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

:eek:

Unbelievable job to undertake and even more so given the time of year, when everyone finds themself overrun by normal day to day stuff!
    Fair Play Aquos, I hope I find myself in a situation where I can return the favour some day.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Thanks Santa for mine. Pity I've no bloody Internet to use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭grange mac

Fuzzy, I'd gladly have a use for it it your going to leave it on the mantle....I'm in cork kicking self that missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

grange mac wrote: »
    Fuzzy, I'd gladly have a use for it it your going to leave it on the mantle....I'm in cork kicking self that missed it.

They should really give out a boards code for this price. They would get a load of business. Cut out the need to bulk send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭stanley1

just wondering if anyone got email or text confirmation from parcel motel, special thanks to Aquos for putting this together.

That would never work from their point of view, there would be no advantage in it for them as they'd have to pay carriage of each individual one then, also they'd be no way for them keeping it exclusively to boards as once the code is given out it would fly around the Internet. To be honest, it was hard enough getting this price the 2nd time around as I think I had three different emails in the end with three different prices.

Now that I've established a contact there, who just happens to be the CEO of the company, I'm probably in a good position to get this price again. I may organise one final group buy in January if the demand is there, we'll wait and see how happy the people who bought these ones turn out to be. Please don't start PM'ing me or posting interest on the thread now though, if I am going to go ahead with another, it's not going to happen until the new year.

stanley1 wrote: »
    just wondering if anyone got email or text confirmation from parcel motel, special thanks to Aquos for putting this together.

These would only have hit Nightline Dublin depot late last night, they'll now have to label them and start distributing them thru the PM network from tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Parcel in depot as of 13:39. Fingers crossed!

No email, just seen it on the site now.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Advertisement

All 45 deliveries, (they have bundled up the multiple orders into 1 it seems, so those who are getting 3 and 2 units will get them as one delivery) are now in transit, I've just had everyone's tracking details emailed to me, so fingers crossed they will all arrive into your lockers overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

All 45 deliveries, (they have bundled up the multiple orders into 1 it seems, so those who are getting 3 and 2 units will get them as one delivery) are now in transit, I've just had everyone's tracking details emailed to me, so fingers crossed they will all arrive into your lockers overnight

Thanks again Aquos76, it is amazing what you have done for us all here. Hope you have the great Christmas you deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

Just got my PM alert. Nice little Xmas present to myself courtesy of aquas76. Cheers fella

Just got my PM alert. Nice little Xmas present to myself courtesy of aquas76. Cheers fella

That it's in the locker? Where abouts in the country are you? Site is still saying at parcel motel depot for mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Wynnie12

Just got a text to say it's in locker ready for collection. Ashbourne Meath is my location

• Advertisement

Good to see they are on the move now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

just after collecting mine ,i just start setting it up now. Thanks very much Aquos76 for all your hard work
    much appreciated Robbie67

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭batistuta9

FrostyJim wrote: »
    That it's in the locker? Where abouts in the country are you? Site is still saying at parcel motel depot for mine.

how are you able to check?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how are you able to check?

If you log in go your pm account you will see your package and the status of it. When it's in a locker you will get a text and/or email. Whichever one you chose at the registering stage.

Edit: Just got my text now! Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Following thread since last week, will be on board for any future bulk buys.

You're a true gent Aquos76, fair play.

If you log in go your pm account you will see your package and the status of it. When it's in a locker you will get a text and/or email. Whichever one you chose at the registering stage.

ah right, i haven't got a pm account, so no checking for me.

ah right, i haven't got a pm account, so no checking for me.

I'll send you your tracking number in a few mins

are you really santa? :pac:

Just for anyone looking at their parcel on the website. The status on mine went straight from "In depot" to "in motel" so don't be too worried if the status doesn't look like its updating. I'd say we'll all get ours tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Just received a PM txt there. Ready for collection in Castleknock. Perfect timing. Cheers!

• Advertisement

mine is showing as "in Transit"

fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭meolwan

manster wrote: »
    Just received a PM txt there. Ready for collection in Castleknock. Perfect timing. Cheers!

+1 on this for collection in Balbriggan. Thanks again Aquos76 a true gent.

Mines not powering on.. Now to track down another power cable to try.

Edit: maybe I need to install os first or should I see a power light on box anyway when plugged in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Mines not powering on.. Now to track down another power cable to try.

Edit: maybe I need to install is first or should I see a power light on box anyway when plugged in?
    you should see a yellow power light on the box ,did you try turning it on with the remote ?

BrendanD wrote: »
    you should see a yellow power light on the box ,did you try turning it on with the remote ?

Yeah no power light, tried the remote, not a gig out of the box it seems. Will have to find another power cable tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Probably have one to match somewhere around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Think I need one also as don't have a parcel motel account, or will they send me a message to my phone?

Great to see this all coming together in such a short time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

In transit will get tomorrow. AQUOS76 Thanks way and above the call of duty. Have a nice and peaceful happy Xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Mine arrived in Navan at 22:10, will pick up in the morning, will do a bit of searching on how to set it up,thanks Aquos76, happy Christmas to you and yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Delivered to Cork
    Thanks again
    You the man

That big red fella has his work cut out to match you this year

• Advertisement

Yeah no power light, tried the remote, not a gig out of the box it seems. Will have to find another power cable tomorrow and see if that does the trick. Probably have one to match somewhere around.

Got my box sorted. The 3pin adapter they included seems to be doa. Have another so all is good. Will have great fun setting this all up at the weekend. Thanks again Aquos76

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Picked up mine this morning, cant get power to the device unless i put pressure on the adapter, managed to do so long enough to see the device up and running but once i took weight off the plug and adapter it shut down, pain in the arse,its unusable at the moment.

Any tips on where to go from here in terms of content, the device is working although i need a new plug setup but its a blank canvas.

Huge thanks to Aquos76 once again, fair play man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Got mine picked up this morning aswel but as im working,I'll only get at it this evening/tomorrow,

Many thanks for all your work Aquos76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Delivered to Donegal.
    Cheers for organizing bud.
    Happy Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Just received a message to pick up in Cork. Will be ignoring everyone and getting pissed off trying to get the wetek to work perfectly on a xmas eve!
    Happy days!

Dcully wrote: »

Any tips on where to go from here in terms of content, the device is working although i need a new plug setup but its a blank canvas.

There's a thread in the android forum on it, YouTube(some vids in this thread) Wetek forums & linuxsat-support.

Was thinking on a Facebook group for the stuff you can't post here, if there's interest

& keep trying that adapter, I've an android box that's very hard to get working, needs to be perfect in the adapter to get power. That's takes a few goes. Just in case it's the same

• Advertisement

Not a kick out of it now, tried 3 different 2 pin adapters and nothing.

There's a thread in the android forum on it, YouTube(some vids in this thread) Wetek forums & linuxsat-support.

Was thinking on a Facebook group for the stuff you can't post here, if there's interest

& keep trying that adapter, I've an android box that's very hard to get working, needs to be perfect in the adapter to get power. That's takes a few goes. Just in case it's the same
    Dcully wrote: »
    Not a kick out of it now, tried 3 different 2 pin adapters and nothing.

Check the TNT bag guys, first thing I did was open the box and discover I needed an adaptor. I was only a few hours later I discovered there was an adaptor in the bag, so there might be one in yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Yea id join that if there was one going for tips on the box.

I've tried that adapter and two more and nothing.

Mine arrived this morning, on the way to collect it now

Thanks again Aquos :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement